• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Valus d20 setting: ever heard of it?

Valus d20 setting: ever heard of it?

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
I first heard of it through Destan's post in on this forum, it was hysterical so I thought I'd give his story hour a try.

Valus is on my list of "things to buy eventually", but at $40/month it is slow going.

Turjan

Explorer
Gez said:
I think you should have put an option saying "I know of Valus through ENWorld's General Discussion forum" as it is going to be the majority of the answers, I guess... :)
This is my answer, too :).

Tom Cashel

First Post
I used to game with Ryan, so I remember all those Wednesdays he couldn't show up because he was hard at work on the book. :)

(I also got to edit a very small portion of it.)

grodog

Hero
Gez said:
I haven't read Destan's story hour and don't know much about DWP, except that they exist.

We're working on that :D

But I've heard of Valus through ENWorld, that's all.

I think you should have put an option saying "I know of Valus through ENWorld's General Discussion forum" as it is going to be the majority of the answers, I guess... :)

You're right, I could have segregated out ENWorld/Story Hour vs. ENWorld/General Discussion. I guess the latter can be lumped into "Yes, I know of the Valus from somewhere else (please explain)."

I hadn't heard of it previously, but I'm curious now. This review [at rpg.net] shines quite a bit of light on Valus. Sounds nice!

There are actually several reviews for Valus out there; we point to them at http://www.diffworlds.com/valus_reviews.htm

Funeris

First Post
Yup. Know of it. Reader, Owner, and a player of Ryan's. Its a great setting. Very harsh and gritty. And its a lot of fun to play in.

IronWolf

blank
I have heard of it because of EnWorld and the GenCon booth. While I do not own it I have usually heard word of it spoken in positive context.

Remove ads