Valus d20 setting: ever heard of it?

Valus d20 setting: ever heard of it?

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
I first heard of it through Destan's post in on this forum, it was hysterical so I thought I'd give his story hour a try.

Valus is on my list of "things to buy eventually", but at $40/month it is slow going.

Turjan

Explorer
Gez said:
I think you should have put an option saying "I know of Valus through ENWorld's General Discussion forum" as it is going to be the majority of the answers, I guess... :)
This is my answer, too :).

Tom Cashel

First Post
I used to game with Ryan, so I remember all those Wednesdays he couldn't show up because he was hard at work on the book. :)

(I also got to edit a very small portion of it.)

grodog

Hero
Gez said:
I haven't read Destan's story hour and don't know much about DWP, except that they exist.

We're working on that :D

But I've heard of Valus through ENWorld, that's all.

I think you should have put an option saying "I know of Valus through ENWorld's General Discussion forum" as it is going to be the majority of the answers, I guess... :)

You're right, I could have segregated out ENWorld/Story Hour vs. ENWorld/General Discussion. I guess the latter can be lumped into "Yes, I know of the Valus from somewhere else (please explain)."

I hadn't heard of it previously, but I'm curious now. This review [at rpg.net] shines quite a bit of light on Valus. Sounds nice!

There are actually several reviews for Valus out there; we point to them at http://www.diffworlds.com/valus_reviews.htm

Funeris

First Post
Yup. Know of it. Reader, Owner, and a player of Ryan's. Its a great setting. Very harsh and gritty. And its a lot of fun to play in.

IronWolf

blank
I have heard of it because of EnWorld and the GenCon booth. While I do not own it I have usually heard word of it spoken in positive context.

Remove ads