• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Vampire: the Masquerade - The Sabbat [Rated R]

KitanaVorr

First Post
:)

I can't really make up my mind on several things I'd like to be.

A dastardly Tzimisce genius or maybe an assassin-type of character but from what clan, I'm not really sure as I only know about the Tzimisce and not much else about the other Sabbat clans. Are there clans that specialize in assassinations?

As for the novelty of playing degenerates, well we don't all have to be degenerates. I know I plan on being one though! Otherwise it would just be like playing another Camarilla game.

Now we just need to find a ST! So we can get a world and then come up with characters...

Tokiwong

First Post
KitanaVorr said:

What are Assamites?

(lol I guess I should just stick it in a browser and look it up, but I fee lazy)

Vampires from the Middle East, who beleive they will become closer to Caine by committing Diablerie upon other Vampires, they spawned the legends of the hashashin in the East, or as we know them the word assassin :)

Oh, and their Discipline is called Quietus, and has many abilities which aid in an assassin's work, at least up front and personal :)

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Quietus at lower levels deals with silence, and such, but at higher levels follows the more refined techniques of blood control the Assamites have, and they can create posion from their blood, spit out acidic caustic liquids that burn through just about anything.. and make a Vampire drown in his own blood...

In the Dark Ages, they had the ability to even make a Vampire sweat blood... ahh the good ol' days :)

KitanaVorr

First Post
so now that I've got you trapped, what are the other clans?

cuz now I'm torn between two clans that sound cool, why not more? hehe

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
KitanaVorr said:
so now that I've got you trapped, what are the other clans?

cuz now I'm torn between two clans that sound cool, why not more? hehe

better question is what clans do you know of? There are Antitribu versions of every clan, except Tremere... Antitribu is basically a bloodline, that is apart of the Sabbat :)

Last edited:

KitanaVorr

First Post
Originally posted by Tokiwong
better question is what clans do you know of? There are Antitribu versions of every clan, except Tremere... Antitribu is basically a bloodline, that is apart of the Sabbat :)

Aren't the Tzimisce sort of the ones squabbling with the Tremere? Well I do know about the Antitribu - as in the degenerate version of the Camarilla clans?

ok looking up I see these clans mentioned...Lasombra and Salubri were mentioned by you. And what is the Path of Night?

Tokiwong

First Post
the Path of Night is alternate philosphy akin to how Humanity works, but shows how far from Human the vampire has become.... instead of clinging to humanity like the weak Camarilla, Sabbat forsake their humanity and embrace that they are vampires, they are predators... they are not just degenerate, they realize they have nothing in common with humanity anymore... and view humanity like how we view, the cow... food. and a diversion... nothing more... very important difference... which many people do not get :)

Anyways, the Tzimisce is a clan steeped in tradition, or at least it used to be, they along with the Lasombra form the core of the Sabbat, the Tzimisce are the fleshcrafters, and the Lasombra are the masters of shadow... the King Makers as opposed to the Venture who would rather be King themselves...

The Lasombra have powers over shadow, and do not have reflections, and they make extensive use of ghoules among the Sabbat, who tend to not use many ghouls at all, besides the Lasombra, and the Tzimisce and their fleshcrafted minions, and ghoule families...

Anyways, the Salubri are a bloodline now, but used to be a full clan before the Tremere took their power, by killing their founder Saulot, who I beelive is now controlling the Tremere, anyways, the Salubri were at one time, known as Healers, and also warriors, they possess a third eye, which could be tied to Saulot's journey to the East, and his association with the Kindred of the East, or Kuei-Jin, they posses similar disciplines to the abilities of the third eye the Salubri possess

Nowadays the Antitribu Salubri are back with a vengeance, for awhile their numbers were no mroe the seven I beleive, and they would pass on the gift to another, who would then diablerize them, so there would always be seven, but one of them snapped, and created hundreds, and they joined the Sabbat, and want to mete out Justice...

Panders, are pretty much Caitiff, vampires without clan, or bloodline, and well.. whew.. they also have some more exotic bloodlines, but they are not meant for players :)

Remove ads