Viridian Plague OOC 2, orphaned by Keia

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Couple of questions:

With the animist bonus feat at 2nd, is there a limit to what type of feat may be selected?

With Gladiator at 5th, does M'ress qualify for Weapon specialization as a feat? Gladiator states that they are eligible for all fighter bonus feats - just wasn't certain on that one.

Any feats allowed from PHB II?

Thanks!
Keia

Rystil Arden

First Post
Keia said:
Couple of questions:

With the animist bonus feat at 2nd, is there a limit to what type of feat may be selected?

With Gladiator at 5th, does M'ress qualify for Weapon specialization as a feat? Gladiator states that they are eligible for all fighter bonus feats - just wasn't certain on that one.

Any feats allowed from PHB II?

Thanks!
Keia
The Animist feat is not limited, but it would make sense if it was somehow related to nature or combat, rather than, say, Skill Focus (Oil Drilling).

You are correct that the Gladiator cannot take Weapon Spec. I have changed the text to read "Bonus Feats: The Gladiator may take any fighter bonus feats for which she qualifies." Since I haven't called out that she qualifies for Weapon Spec, she does not.

As for PHBII, I may allow feats on a case-by-base basis, but like the feats in CV to make multiclassing viable, which I would allow in a normal game but not in this game, I won't be allowing the uberpowerful combat feats meant to keep Fighters viable, like Weapon Supremacy and its ilk, either (not that anyone in the party would qualify for most of them).

Keia

I aim to misbehave
And I had my heart set on Focus - Oil Drilling . . . could make a killing in the jungle ;)

Keia
p.s. thanks!

Rystil Arden

First Post
Keia said:
And I had my heart set on Focus - Oil Drilling . . . could make a killing in the jungle ;)

Keia
p.s. thanks!
I thought of a witty one-liner response, but I can't say it because it is political. Suffice it to say it involves a twofer feat that gives +2 to Oil Drilling and +2 to Initiative :]

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Well, I'm stuck on deciding between Combat expertise, Dodge, Power Attack, or Power Critical. Combat Expertise only gives an improvement of 1 or 2 to the defense (as M'ress gets +3 ac for a -4 attack), a dodge bonus of +1 would be of similar benefit. Power attack and power critical both enhance her damage potential.

Any other suggestions or comments would be welcome.

Otherwise, M'ress is updated in the Rogue's gallery.

Keia

Rystil Arden

First Post
Keia said:
Well, I'm stuck on deciding between Combat expertise, Dodge, Power Attack, or Power Critical. Combat Expertise only gives an improvement of 1 or 2 to the defense (as M'ress gets +3 ac for a -4 attack), a dodge bonus of +1 would be of similar benefit. Power attack and power critical both enhance her damage potential.

Any other suggestions or comments would be welcome.

Otherwise, M'ress is updated in the Rogue's gallery.

Keia
Well, let's see. Power Attack is a nice way to increase damage at the expense of accuracy, especially since M'ress doesn't deal so much in a single blow, but against higher ACs, it may not actually increase damage throughput, especially if it interferes with Advancing Blows combo chains. Dodge only affects one opponent, but it can lead to some decently useful feats later on as well.

I probably wouldn't use Combat Expertise to get M'ress a higher AC bonus than fighting defensively--instead, I would use it to get her the exact same bonus with a lower attack roll penalty. In this way, the feat is sort of giving you a bonus to hit, so this is why I would probably select it.

That said, with such a high critical threat range, there is a lot to be said for a bonus to the confirmation roll as well. If you had Improved Critical instead of Keen (and remember that they do stack with me, so you'll want to pick IC up soon too), you could dip a level into Soulwarden or pick up UMD cross-class and try to activate a wand of Bless Weapon, but since you have Keen, that doesn't work so well.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Yeah, Improved Critical is the 8th level feat when I switch back to gladiator for a level. I guees I need to find someone who can cast it for me (bless weapon, that is). I'll have to search through the druid spells to see if they've got anything similar. If there was a bless weapon out there - M'ress wouldn't need power critical, right?

I do like the M&M dodge feat better (+1 to all, or +2 against a specific target).

Nature's Bond wasn't a bad feat either - but it's more of a down the road feat. I envision M'ress being Gladiator 11 / Animist 9 at 20th, of course things may change between now and then . . . you know . . . like death ;)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Keia said:
Yeah, Improved Critical is the 8th level feat when I switch back to gladiator for a level. I guees I need to find someone who can cast it for me (bless weapon, that is). I'll have to search through the druid spells to see if they've got anything similar. If there was a bless weapon out there - M'ress wouldn't need power critical, right?

I do like the M&M dodge feat better (+1 to all, or +2 against a specific target).

Nature's Bond wasn't a bad feat either - but it's more of a down the road feat. I envision M'ress being Gladiator 11 / Animist 9 at 20th, of course things may change between now and then . . . you know . . . like death ;)
Bless Weapon eliminates the effects of Keen, so it probably isn't an option you will want to consider except after you get IC against opponents who you miss on a 12 thorugh 14.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Thanks, Sounds like it's either power critical or combat expertise then . . . still thinking and searching though ;) :)

Keia

unleashed

First Post
Okay Trayah's new spells are done...obviously he's used create food and water for today already (as he cast it before he prayed). Any others gone or has enough time passed?

Remove ads