W2: The Search For Tomas Quinn (Rae Judging)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
i have placed my level 2 upgrades in ((double parintheses)) on my character post. when i am informed of approval i will make them permanant.

Wik

First Post
OOC: Any luck with levelling up yet? I don't want to start things, and then have you all level halfway into the next encounter. Plus, I want to start throwing some fun stuff at you. I mean, that last encounter was a CAKEWALK. ;)

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
[sblock=XP Awards: ]It's all good, including the estimation on the time XP and Auric's XP. Any discrepancies with actual time can be attributed to ad-hoc awards. If that makes any sense. Anyway, good job, XP approved.[/sblock]

Wik

First Post
OOC: Alright, glad to hear it. The night is spent in relative peace. Everyone is on edge, of course - Tomas is out there. And goblins are still searching for him. As for the Blacklilies... they saved you, apparently. But you probably don't want to count on that twice.

The rain pounds down, and you can hear distant thunder and lightning. Harsh winds batter the walls of the church.

Hukk is healed by the "temple moms", and spends the night in a fitful sleep, tossing and turning in nightmare. He is surrounded by the children, who tell him stories and hold his hand while he rests. Whenever they speak, he calms.

Cera, bone tired, falls asleep on Solange's lap, forcing the priestess to sleep in a chair, attended by the "Temple moms".

Everyone, of course, receives full healing, and has a full stock of spells come morning.

That night, Cera wakes up, blinks her eyes, and looks at Solange. "I had... a nightmare." she says, and sniffles for a moment. "I remembered... the goblins, they took some more of us, and are holding the rest of us in their hiding spot. I miss them... And I'm afraid."

And what a morning it is. The clouds still hang darkly in the sky, and torrents of rain splash down in sheets. While the storm is bad, it is nothing like last night. People are gathering debris that has littered the streets when you look outside the temple of Halina - tree branches, wayward signs, and rubbish that washed into the streets.

One of the priestesses approaches you. "Where do you wish to investigate next? What is the plan? And Hukk will not be with you today - he is still... recovering."

She pauses for a moment. "I was thinking about poor Tomas last night. And I remembered once, long ago, he tried to sneak aboard a ship. He always loved the docks - watching sailors. He liked to pretend he was a pirate. I thought that, maybe..."

The priestess sobs for a moment, and then composes herself. "If he was frightened, that would be where he would go."

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
the storm seems to match Pendrakes soul...dark and turmoilous...strikeing with his own sword one under his protection...Huck ...

He looks to the littered streets and almost on que a rumble of thunder growls forth from the skys. a flash of a lanturn shows the fierce anger awoken by the goblin witch.

"de schepen zijn een goede plaats om te kijken. Ga daar en mors het bloed van goblins."

translation: the ships are a good place to look. Let us go there and spill the blood of goblins.

Last edited:

Corwyn

First Post
Aiken asks Cera "Do you know where the Goblin hiding spot is?"

" And I agree with Pendrake finding Thomas should clear a lot up."

Remove ads