W2: The Search For Tomas Quinn (Rae Judging)

BigB

First Post
Corwyn said:
Aiken shakes his head at the fight for the shaman.
He moves toward the door and Search and open locks (1d20+8=18, 1d20+5=13) tries to open it.

open locks part two (1d20+5=7)

And Aiken thinks he has it open locks part tree (1d20+5=20)

Cepheus will attempt to aid Aiken in searching the door for traps and opening the door search=12, open=10

Cepheus will then turn his attention to the room and bodies searching for anything of use or value search=15 Perhaps there are some clues as to what is going on here.

Wik

First Post
The goblin shaman stabilizes, thanks to Solange's quick use of bandages. Pendrake, clearly angry that she gets to live, stalks about the room.

Aiken and Cepheus push open the door, which opens up into another (smaller) office that has long been abandoned. Cobwebs hang from the corners of the room, and much of the wooden desks and cabinets are quite decayed. It seems that this room hasn't been used in a long time.

Except for recently. Tied up in decaying rope are twelve children, none older than ten years old. Most are humans, although there are two half-elven children, and one halfling girl (perhaps older than the rest, despite being almost half their size). When they see Aiken enter, they flop about the floor, trying to attract his attention.

Meanwhile, Cepheus does a quick search around the room. Against one wall is a burlap sack that has been stuffed with "treasures" - mostly salvaged pieces of metal, cooking knives, and the like, though there are some items of value:

* 708 Silver Pieces
* 112 Gold Pieces
* two vials of liquid (potions of some sort)
* A scroll case that contains two scrolls
* A Map (A quick look by Cepheus shows that it is a map of the hills a few days' outside of Orussus, with a crude drawing of a cave that has smoke coming out of it, and another drawing of what looks like goblins giving a giant white stone to brutish humanoid craetures perhaps six or seven times the size of goblins).

Solange, meanwhile, looks over this goblin woman, and finds that she has a gnarled stick tucked into her belt. in her fur boots is a very well-crafted goblin-sized dagger, made out of adamantine. There is a single rune carved into the blade - Solange thinks it may be dwarvish, or gnomish.

Solange

First Post
"I found a dagger 'n wand of some kind on 'er," Solange says, as she tucks both away in her pack for the moment to examine later. "Anaone got a rope?"

BigB

First Post
Cepheus announces to the group: found some silver and gold here, too much for me to carry. He then picks up the potions and the scroll case then the map. Examining the map he says: This could be important, you find Tomas in there? Think we got a map here suggests there could be worse than goblins about.

He passes the map to the others.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Solange said:
"We can't learn a thing from 'em dead," Solange says. "This ain't over yet."

OOC: I missed you were going to kill her, sorry.

]ooc[
no problem...better you stopped him...i was just playing him in the character of vengeful hatred toward the "deamon vich"]/ooc[

]ic[
Pendrake shuffles about , gives a long heavy sigh, then shuffles about some more. He shows little interest in searching ...he seems to keep very close to the shaman, though his weapons remain sheathed.

If the priestess steps away from the goblin witch, he spits a nasty loogy on her(the shaman's) prone form, then walks away nonshalantly.

"you need help to carry? Ja, i help to carry" he says to Cepheus.
glancing at the map, he nods in agreement, "Ja, Thomas be there i hope...his muuder must be verried abot him. Ve must be hurry to go."

Guilt seems to cross his face a few minutes later as his eyes cross the sight of Solange. He leans over and whispers to her then leans down to clean his loogy off the shaman.

[SBLOCK=whisper to solange]
"Sorry priestess, i spit to the shaman in anger...i clean it off now."[/SBLOCK]

He then says to Solange, "Watch what she have...something she do, it make my head go lost." He makes a double gesture with his hands around his head in a circular fasion.

Last edited:

Corwyn

First Post
Hallo little ones, don't worry we are here to rescue you

Aiken frees the children.

His eyes travel across everything not missing a thing Search (1d20+8=26) anything else hidden?

He'll then walk over to tie the shaman. Use rope (1d20+3=7) not my best work :\

Aiken will stay near her to stop her from doing anything rash.

Wik

First Post
Considering how the shaman seems to be quite unconscious (and even filthier now, thanks to Pendrake), there's little danger of her escaping.

Unfortunately, Tomas isn't among the group of children. When they are untied, they pick themselves up, and a few try to hold back snuffling tears. The halfling girl brushes some hair out of her face and goes to the younger children and says "Hush. We're fine now. Stop crying." while wiping away their tears.

Aiken's search of the room reveals nothing unusual.

The halfling girl soon walks up to Solange, and looks down upon the shaman woman. "Is she dead? I hope she's dead. But, she did heal Carr's hurt with that stick of hers. Still, she's mean. Very mean."

Solange

First Post
Solange looks at Pendrake with a scolding look, but says nothing as the child walks up. "What did the woman say when she used the stick? She will pay for her crimes eventually, but she's not dead yet. We need her ta find yer friend Tomas. Do you know where he is?" Solange asks the child.

Solange will examine the stick, and see if she can't activate it to try to heal Pendrake.

Wik

First Post
"She said something weird. Kur-kut-a-laa. Like that. I think." The halfling's face wrinkles up in confusion.

"We don't know where Tom is, either. We've been looking. And it's all the woman kept asking us. And she asked where all the rich people were. But I don't know anything about that. I'm no thief, I swear"

Solange can easily tell that the girl is lying near the end.

Wik

First Post
P.S. The goblin-speaker in your party (either Ceph or Aiken, I'm too lazy to look it up) knows that Kur-kut-a-laa means absolutely nothing, but it sounds remarkably similar to Churku'utillai'a, a goblin word for "Cleansing Fire".

Remove ads