• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Waffles vs. Pancakes vs. French toast: Which is best?

Waffles vs. Pancakes vs. French toast: Which is best?

MGibster

Legend
All three of them are good options. I will never be disappointed when someone serves me French toast for breakfast. But the correct order from best to not as best is as follows:

1. Waffles
2. Pancakes
3. French Toast

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Doesn't it really depend on what you're serving with it?

French Toast: Meat and cheese (Monte Cristo sandwich), or with a dippin' sauce (when in stick form).

Waffles: Ice cream, or fried chicken

so without being racist - is Waffles and fried chicken a black american thing? Its only just being introduced as a breakfast option here (mainly in US themed diners) and I’ve never tried it.

How widespread is the eating of Waffles and fried chicken?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
so without being racist - is Waffles and fried chicken a black american thing? Its only just being introduced as a breakfast option here (mainly in US themed diners) and I’ve never tried it.

How widespread is the eating of Waffles and fried chicken?
It is a traditional soul food, yes, but it's gotten pretty generally common (at least it is in the San Francisco Bay Area) because it is insanely delicous particularly if both syrup and hout dauce are in play. I chose pancake, but if we add chicken to the mix it is clearly chicken and waffles.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Hot of the griddle: waffles
Sitting for a while: french toast.

When done well, and served hot of the griddle pancakes can be amazing, but there are few foods that disappoint me more than pancakes.

FWIWs, the video that taught me how to make awesome pancakes:

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
French toast for me. My friend, Brandy, makes an absolutely orgasmic stuffed French toast (basically big 'ol pockets of French toast stuffed with cream cheese, walnuts, and raisins, then drizzled with maple syrup).

Zardnaar

Legend
Don't like French toast. Waffles are a rarer treat but I like them and pancakes with fruit compote.

Woukd probably pick waffles over pancakes because I have them a lot less over the years.

Pancakes here basically mean several things.

1. Big fluffy ones American style.

2. Thiner larger NZ style.

3. Pikelets. Small, sweeter Scottish pancakes.

4. Crepes or blini.

2 is most common made at home, 1 is most common dining out, pikelets are for kids and crepes are rare.

Kiwi pikelets

Last edited:

Remove ads