Walking Dead season 2 (spoilers)

Bullgrit

Adventurer
Is there anywhere online I can watch the episodes? Looks like the AMC site doesn't have full episodes, just clips. And searching on Google gives me stuff I'm not sure about. I'm looking for legal and virus-free.

Bullgrit

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
A few major spoilers below:

1)
IMDB lists the actress playing Sophia as appearing in episode 7, so she could be back as either herself or a walker.

Don't forget about the flashbacks and figments (like Merle) that they use in the show.

NewJeffCT

First Post
Is there anywhere online I can watch the episodes? Looks like the AMC site doesn't have full episodes, just clips. And searching on Google gives me stuff I'm not sure about. I'm looking for legal and virus-free.

Bullgrit

I believe Comcast has it On Demand, and I'm sure other cable providers do as well.

Comcast also allows you to watch it online through X-Finity TV.

Last edited:

Kzach

Banned
Banned
Some ripe hypocrisy on Rick's part there.
I don't see it as hypocritical. I wouldn't spend five seconds searching for Merle whereas I'd give at least three or four days searching for Sophia. I doubt many people would have a much different opinion. Hell, I would've put a bullet in Merle's head myself, just to shut him up.

Is there anywhere online I can watch the episodes?
Usenet.

CrimsonReaver

First Post
Sophia is an innocent 12 year old girl whom we assume wants to be found.

I'd say that's debatable. Granted, it's most likely just crap writing, but it's almost like the girl is intentionally hiding from them. Is the kid deaf or just unforgivably stupid? How far did she wander in that short span of time from when Rick left her to where he realized she wasn't back at road - keeping in mind she's got the short legs of a child, and probably wasn't running at full speed unless she was being chased, and it's rough, uneven terrain - that she couldn't hear Rick and the others calling out to her? Or did she think zombies were shouting her name? And if that was her bedding down in that abandoned house, where the hell was she when Daryl came along? She had a closet to sleep/hide in and assorted canned goods to eat. Even if she didn't have sense enough to just stop wandering because she was lost and, surely, had to know her mom, if nobody else, would be looking for her, I'd like to think the shelter and food might provide enough sense of security that she wouldn't want to stroll back into the woods with wandering walkers. :rant:

I'm sorry, but I just want the kid dead at this point. Hell, I want all of them dead. Daryl is the only one who deserves to survive at this point.

Kzach

Banned
Banned
How far did she wander in that short span of time from when Rick left her to where he realized she wasn't back at road - keeping in mind she's got the short legs of a child, and probably wasn't running at full speed unless she was being chased, and it's rough, uneven terrain - that she couldn't hear Rick and the others calling out to her?

I'm going to guess that you haven't done much hiking or bush-walking. It's easy to think with modern sensibilities when you haven't experienced the wilds beyond a manicured park bench. Even sparse forests will limit vision to a couple of hundred feet and between trees, scrub, gullies, rivers and wildlife, sound doesn't travel as well as you might think. Concrete and glass generally echo sound, trees and rocks generally absorb it. Walk a hundred feet or so and you won't be able to see your friends or determine where they are based on shouts. Hell, she might've heard them and tried to run towards them only to find herself running further away, not closer, and that's not even taking terrain into account which would force her to travel in certain directions.

A panicked city-kid who'd just almost been zombie-food getting lost in a massive forest and being hard to find with a small search party of inexperienced (only Rick, Shane and Daryl really know what they're doing) 'rescuers' really isn't that far from reality. In fact, if they HAD found her after just a couple of days, I think I would've had a harder time believing that.

The real mistake was in Rick telling her to run back to camp. He should've just told her to stay put. Before you say that it would've been easy to follow Rick's directions, first consider that she's panicking, out of breath, and even if she HAD heard and understood his directions, following them would be next to impossible anyway; the likelihood of her getting lost on her way back was FAR higher than her finding her way.

CrimsonReaver

First Post
Actually, I have done some camping/hiking in the Carolinas. Yes, you lose visual contact rather easily. Yes, it's easy to get turned around and lost in wooded areas, especially when navigating rough, uneven, or mountainous terrain that prevents you from following a straight line. No, sound doesn't travel nearly as well, making echolocation vastly more difficult. But, like I said, I have a hard time believing Sophia could've gotten very far. One, the terrain would force her to move slowly and carefully, especially if she didn't want to twist an ankle or something. Two, knowing, or at least suspecting, that zombies were wandering those woods, I'd like to think she was trying to make as little noise as possible and, thus, moving cautiously. Three, once she was lost, if she was panicking and truly freaking out, it's hard to imagine she wouldn't have been calling out, screaming her head off for someone to help her. Plus, like I said, you have to believe the girl knew her mother would come looking for her, making it more likely for her to be calling out.

But I'll concede the point that she could've wandered beyond earshot in the time between when Rick left her and when the search party reached the church, especially if she ended up going in the opposite direction.

The real mistake was in Rick telling her to run back to camp. He should've just told her to stay put.

Um. I'm pretty sure he did tell her to stay put. Unless I'm imagining it, Rick told her to hide and then wait for him to come back for her, but if he wasn't back shortly, she was to follow the stream and head toward the road. Maybe it was crap editing and they meant to show her wandering off after Rick dispatched the walkers, like she'd waited 5-10 minutes but then got scared that something happened to Rick and the zombies would come back for her. Or maybe the girl was supposed to look like a moron, thereby providing us with our missing girl MacGuffin. But within seconds of the zombies passing her hiding place, she stepped out and wandered into the woods. WTF?! I'll give her a pass on being too frightened to pay much attention to Rick's instructions about following the stream and in which direction the road was, but the part about hiding and waiting for him? No. Sorry. Considering she was clinging to him for her life moments ago, I can't believe she wouldn't wait for him to come back, that she wouldn't cower in the shadows waiting to be rescued. At least for a few freakin' minutes.

That's what infuriates me and makes me want the little girl - the character, not the young actress - dead. Flesh-eating zombies are roaming the countryside and people still can't get kids to listen. :p

Bullgrit

Adventurer
<sigh>

Two things jumped out at me, (in a negative way), in this latest episode.

(I may get names mixed up, as I'm just getting into the show.)
1- Shane and shooter-woman? go into the neighborhood to look for the girl. They park the car and decide to start at the back and work their way out?! WTH? These people are survivors? And they determine that the girl hasn't been to the neighborhood by exploring one house, and then give up on that area?

2- Rick's wife slept with Shane because she thought Rick was dead? I haven't seen the first season/episodes, so I don't know how long Rick was "dead," but he didn't die in his unattended coma, I have to figure he was out for not more than a week. Hell, even if it was a month, his wife and best friend slept together already? Whoa, that's fast.

Bullgrit

<sigh>

1- Shane and shooter-woman? go into the neighborhood to look for the girl. They park the car and decide to start at the back and work their way out?! WTH? These people are survivors? And they determine that the girl hasn't been to the neighborhood by exploring one house, and then give up on that area?

Well, it kinda makes sense that if the development is that overrun with walkers, Sophia isn't there. If she ever was there, she would either have run away or been eaten. Other than that, though, correct about their stupidity.

2- Rick's wife slept with Shane because she thought Rick was dead? I haven't seen the first season/episodes, so I don't know how long Rick was "dead," but he didn't die in his unattended coma, I have to figure he was out for not more than a week. Hell, even if it was a month, his wife and best friend slept together already? Whoa, that's fast.

Bullgrit

The short version: you really need to see season one. Given the circumstances of Rick's coma, marriage and the zombie apocalypse, the affair between Lori and Shane is quite easy to understand.

NewJeffCT

First Post
<sigh>

Bullgrit

I got the impression Rick was in a coma for more than a month from season 1.

But, my problem with them is that they're in a world full of walkers/zombies and they're always driving around with the car windows all the way down. At least the window is some protection from a hidden/lurking zombie. If you want fresh air, crack the window open. Now, if you're on the open highway, that's fine... but, in a neighborhood.

I did think last's night episode was the best of the season so far.

Last edited:

Remove ads