D&D 5E War of the Burning Sky (5E)

SuperZero

First Post
[MENTION=6690219]SuperZero[/MENTION], did Davaros lose his action last round?

No, but it's block initiative combined with embracing the fact that there's not really any difference between the end of round 1 and the start of round 2. It's to make PbP combat faster.

I didn't memorize it, but say the initial order was:
Toby 20
Torrent 18
Kincaid 12
Horseman 11
Caleb 10
Kyrrie 8
Scouts 7
Mastiff 7
Davaros 5
Thugs 3

At a table that's fine, but involves a lot of waiting for exactly the right person in PbP.
So I averaged the enemies:

Toby 20
Torrent 18
Kincaid 12
Caleb 10
Kyrrie 8
Enemies 7
Davaros 5

I realized that since initiative is cyclical, this is essentially the same as:
Toby
Torrent
Kincaid
Caleb
Kyrrie
Enemies
Davaros
Toby
Torrent
Kincaid
Caleb
Kyrrie
Enemies
Etc...

I then said any PCs (or allies) whose turns fall right after one another can act in any order, simplifying it down to:
All PCs except Davaros
Torrent, if no player has stated actions for her
Enemies
All PCs
Torrent
Enemies
All PCs
Etc...

Since the enemies rolled so poorly on initiative, Davaros was the only one excluded from the first block. Normally I'd expect more of a split.

Sezarious

Explorer
I was out of town yesterday, so sorry about not posting.

did Davaros lose his action last round? If not, to make things simple,lets say he healed himself using his paladin powers - 5hp.

I assume you're ok with Torrent clearing the path then... In that case I will proceed.

I should add, can i assume you are going to take cover from the crossbowmen outside of the burning building?

If the horse survives what happens next, I recommend we either get you on it or use it as cover as we run off. Otherwise, maybe we can get you a little more healing next round if you want to fight.

I don't feel confident we can take on this entire group ourselves, but then again, maybe we can.

Sezarious

Explorer
It was quite satisfying reading the description for the horses death. Shame about the horse, buuut... Worth it, I was pretty relieved. Torrent is officially a badass now. Now we can theoretically flee....

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
I assume you're ok with Torrent clearing the path then... In that case I will proceed.

I should add, can i assume you are going to take cover from the crossbowmen outside of the burning building?

If the horse survives what happens next, I recommend we either get you on it or use it as cover as we run off. Otherwise, maybe we can get you a little more healing next round if you want to fight.

I don't feel confident we can take on this entire group ourselves, but then again, maybe we can.

go for it. Just keep in mind for future reference that Davaros has a high damage output, so healing him may be a better strategy in the future.
Cheers,

SG

Sezarious

Explorer
I'll come back for you if need be. Use healing word on you if you're down. That is as long as you're not killed outright.... Eeeehhhhheeewwww. Awkward.. Then again. 15 damage for burning hands should help so long as some enemies fail their saves. Who knows, maybe they've all been killed.

Schmoe

Adventurer
Geeze, I think I totally missed what was happening the last few posts. Sorry for the confusion. Kincaid probably should have thrown a Healing Word at Caleb first. Sorry about that. If you go down, he'll come back for you.

Also, I forgot to roll my Dex save against the burning oil, so here it is:
[roll0]

Remove ads