• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Warhammer FRP 2e: Paths of the Damned OOC [Recruiting Alts]

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
Iron Captain: At a quick glance, it looks fine. As for starting money, if you look at page 20 of the rules, it gives a list of equipment that everyone has regardless of career: common clothing (shirt, breeches, worn boots, tattered cloak), a dagger tucked in boot or belt, a sling bag or backpack (holding a blanket, a wooden tankard, a wooden cutlery set), a hand weapon, and a purse with 2d10 gc. Decided to pass up Troll Slayer, eh? :) As for your other question...

Everyone: We'll be starting with the Basic Armor rules. I know a few folks haven't played WHFRP before (myself among them), and I'd like to get comfortable with the system first. Since we're playing through a published campaign, I'm going to say that while we're playing through "Through the Drakwald," we'll use the Basic rules. We can revisit this before we start Ashes of Middenheim. It might behoove us to stick with the basic rules because of the speed of play-by-post games. The faster I adjudicate things, the faster the game will run.

Also, character backgrounds. The campaign starts in Untergard, a small town in Middenland, and the site of a major battle during the Storm of Chaos. All of your characters will be there for one reason or another: characters with military backgrounds or dwarfs (a "sizeable contingent" of dwarfs fought here) might have been involved in the fight, others might have been caught on the road and come to Untergard hoping for a safe haven. I could also see adventuring types (Gentlewomen of Fortune, perhaps) having been here to fight or work supply lines or do some spying and espionage. Initiates of Sigmar could have been here to fight, too, depending on how much of a combatant they see themselves as. However you came to Untergard, though, it probably has something to do with either fighting the forces of Chaos or trying to avoid them. Given that the campaign starts after the fighting's over, with Untergard reduced to about 75 survivors or so, I'd say that most of your characters are familiar with each other (know by sight or reputation) or may even know each other well (fought together). I'll leave the exact details up to you each individually.

Lot: I just quickly glanced at your character sheet, and you'll want to add Common Knowledge/Dwarfs to your starting skills (see page 184 of the core book).

Nick

Wilphe

Adventurer
Winifred will probably have been attached to a military unit and looking to make a quick buck running their commisariat...

Iron Captain

First Post
Kajamba Lion:Troll Slayer looked really interesting but it kinda seemed limited and a surefire way to get killed (i.e. Kill the Dwarf with the mohawk!).

Also Basic Armour seems fine (Advanced doesn't seem that much more advanced though).
I'm assuming we are also only using Basic Combat Actions?

Old Fezziwig

Iron Captain: I figured that was the reason. I looked at it again and realized I would have made the exact same choice you did. :)

Yes, that'd be correct. We'll use Basic Combat Actions for the time being. We can revisit it when we get through the first adventure.

Iron Captain

First Post
Does anyone have a great knowledge of the Old World. I'm working on my character's background but isn't a whole lot of flavour for the dwarves in the main book.

Would it be possible that his home "mountain" was destroyed and he is now on the road looking to make coin as a mercenary? Or maybe he was sent to the town to repel the invading chaos forces? Anybody else want to combine PC backgrounds (anyone else playing a dwarf)?

Old Fezziwig

Iron Captain: Either of those backgrounds is fine, although I think the latter would be more elegant. If you do choose the former, I think it'd be easier for his town/village/home settlement to have fallen to the forces of Chaos. Naturally, if someone else has a better suggestion or one you like more, run with it. :)

Lot

First Post
Sorry, I haven't had a chance to sit down and work out a detailed background yet. That would be tonight. The short version is that Ottokar is a young promising initiate who was traveling with a small group of priests who were sent to help in the battle. He was to act as a kind of assistant; running errands, assisting with horses, and other menial tasks appropriate for an initiate. When the battle took a turn for the dangerous, Ottokar found himself involved, swinging his hammer for Sigmar. The priests he was with all perished dramatically in the battle, fighting an appropriately scary chaos monster of some sort.

Now, Ottokar is hanging around in the aftermath of the battle. He has no clear orders on where to go next but has gotten a taste for what being a warrior and a holy man are all about and he wants more.

Insight

Adventurer
Falandror's story is that he was on his way to Middenheim when the battle happened. With the roads currently too dangerous to travel alone, Falandror has stuck around Untergard, waiting for a group headed to Middenheim.

That's his story anyway, and he's sticking to it!

I'm afraid I'm going to have to drop out. I haven't had the time to create a PC yet, and my work on the ENnies is quickly piling up, limiting my free time to do so. Sorry. :(

Old Fezziwig

Cthulhu's Librarian: No worries. If you ever want to hop back in later, I'll leave the option open to you. I'd be happy to have you in the game. :)

Everyone: Those backgrounds are all fine. Also, with CL backing out, I'm going to open up recruiting for one more and get us back up to six. Here's the updated roster:

1. TBA
2. Ottokar Kurtzlander, Human Initiate (Lot)
3. Grimkrag Dronggunson, Dwarf Shieldbreaker (Iron Captain)
4. Grundi, Dwarf Outlaw (Karl Green)
5. Falandror Alaltiroas, Elf Rogue (Insight)
6. Winifred von Troutheim, Human Noble (Wilphe)
[Teflon Billy, Cthulhu's Librarian if interested/available]

Remove ads