D&D (2024) Warlock

Not to derail the thread, but I was thinking that it would be nice if there were fighter and rogue subclasses, like the eldritch knight and spell thief, but warlock-related instead of wizard related (maybe getting invocations instead of spells). I think that would better fit the tropes of "sucker who picks up a magic sword that is making him kill people" (more of a Glen Cook soul-sucking sword story than a Michael Morcock one) or a "thief who makes a bad deal for magic" than trying to fit those into the warlock. I also figure a fighter with some warlock toys will end up being a better straight up melee type than the bladelock will be, while still letting you get that warlock feel.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Not to derail the thread, but I was thinking that it would be nice if there were fighter and rogue subclasses, like the eldritch knight and spell thief, but warlock-related instead of wizard related (maybe getting invocations instead of spells). I think that would better fit the tropes of "sucker who picks up a magic sword that is making him kill people" (more of a Glen Cook soul-sucking sword story than a Michael Morcock one) or a "thief who makes a bad deal for magic" than trying to fit those into the warlock. I also figure a fighter with some warlock toys will end up being a better straight up melee type than the bladelock will be, while still letting you get that warlock feel.
I get where you're coming from, but to me the point of the warlock is stories like that.

Still, I do wish that more subclasses spoke to more different other classes rather than wizard.

mellored

Legend
There are 3 invocations that recharge on a short or long rest. One of them even has concentration.

So maybe it's not such a long shot they will do it that way.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
There are 3 invocations that recharge on a short or long rest. One of them even has concentration.

So maybe it's not such a long shot they will do it that way.
Oh for sure there will still be short or long rest invocations.

I must admit I'm losing motivation to care about one dnd with the ogl 1.1 reporting. I hope that wotc comes out with a statement that doesn't make me want to never send them money again, but at this point I just don't want to put energy into a game that is published by a company I might very soon not want to support.

Remove ads