• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Way of the Sun Soul Question

kalani

First Post
When you take the Attack action, you can make a ranged spell attack as one (or more) of those attacks. Radiant sun bolt is unique, in the fact that it is a ranged spell attack which can be made as part of the Attack Action. All other spell attacks (that I am aware of) require the use of the Cast a Spell action (in the case of PCs), or require their own action (in the case of Monsters), and cannot be used with the Attack or Multiattack actions.

By extension, if you have the Extra Attacks feature, you can fire one or two radiant sun bolts each time you take the attack action. If you fire one bolt, the other attack can be made with a weapon or an unarmed strike (as desired). If you are an 11th level fighter, you could shoot 1-3 sun bolts with each attack action.

Kalani is right. The 11th level Fighter would not get above 1d6 for RSB damage, and that requires 5 levels of Monk.

Sun Soul Monk is probably my favorite subclass from the SCAG. I just debuted my new character, an 8-year-old Variant Human Far Traveler Monk named Kakarot Gokuson. Hopefully my FLGS can squeeze in a rerun of older Expeditions, so I can get a crack at nabbing the Winged Boots for the authentic Dungeons & Dragonballs experience.

First Post
Kalani is right. The 11th level Fighter would not get above 1d6 for RSB damage, and that requires 5 levels of Monk.

Sun Soul Monk is probably my favorite subclass from the SCAG. I just debuted my new character, an 8-year-old Variant Human Far Traveler Monk named Kakarot Gokuson. Hopefully my FLGS can squeeze in a rerun of older Expeditions, so I can get a crack at nabbing the Winged Boots for the authentic Dungeons & Dragonballs experience.

Casting *fog cloud* at your feet with winged boots :)

Ainulindalion

First Post
Also, I'm wondering on opinions concerning the interaction between Radiant Sun Bolt and Spell Sniper, assuming there actually is any. I'm leaning towards no, unfortunately.

Mithreinmaethor

First Post
Also, I'm wondering on opinions concerning the interaction between Radiant Sun Bolt and Spell Sniper, assuming there actually is any. I'm leaning towards no, unfortunately.

Asked and answered already :)

sunbolt.jpg

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads