We don't need no water.

Bari

First Post
Yeah, and considering Sill wanted to burn a -random- inn at Ford Keep, not the CRT, I don't see how burning the CRT will do any good.

Kalreil

First Post
I kind of figured that would be the reason Siani would give.At one point I wanted my character to set up a permanent gate between the settings, to allow people with no other way to get between planes to have some reasonable way to explain why and how they are in one of the other settings,but after thinking about it I came up with reasons pretty close to hers on my own.Saying that my other chars know of a gate between worlds and there actually being one included in the setting are totally different. one affects my characters,and the other the whole of the setting. Not that I don't see both sides,but I think Siani is right, if one person can do it, then everyone will want to, and the ones that aren't approved will get upset and so forth.

Imreis

First Post
Well if you still want to do a fire thing, maybe peer at a map of Oreth or Grayhawk; sure you could find one on Google or something. Find a city close to Fordskeep and ask Siani if she would mind if you did one someplace else. Heck, theres lots of surrounding faming communities and hamlets/thorpes all around Fords Keep. Perhaps talk it out with Siani to see if she would agree if your character started a fire there. This way your not effecting Fordskeep in which the CRT Setting is actually set in. Maybe you will or maybe you wont get compliance on it but keep trying.

Don't give up on your ideas because inspiration comes from imagination and well that in fact is the founding of anything we all do :) You can always rearrange your ideas and modify them, refine them until you come up with something that can be agreed on. Maybe instead of burning a building down get creative. Something that would only effect the building. Maybe somehow its magically vanished to no one knows where; sucked into the Shadow Plane, yanked into the Everchanging Limbo. Or go simple, maybe the building is flooded on the inside and has lots of water damage. Maybe the building was disassembled in the night by an unruly pack of evil Gnomes who were paid to take it down.

Really rack your mind and keep bringing up idea's, and that goes for everyone! Lets make our community better.

*End being the motivational speaker*

Tharivious

First Post
Ice_Lioness said:
I was once told by someone that long ago, back before the Tavern was EN World, when it was on the wizards site, that a group of people had gotten together, spoken over things with the Wizo's then had a riot and burnt down the tavern.

It has affected the tavern so much that they actually took it off the site temporarily and said that the tavern was being rebuilt due to the fire.

Not allowing us to stage something like this, is that another one of the restrictions that was placed on us players after the site moved to EN World?
What you have there sounds like a very specific, one-time-only exception to the rule. As you yourself say, the players involved got together with the staff, coordinated the storyline idea, organized a plan, and executed it with staff involvement at all stages. There's a line between working with the setting leads, involving them from the very beginning before setting anything in motion, and simply asking permission.

Mayu Amakura

Banned
Banned
Ruthia said:
:confused: SO um......your saying your guys WANT Siani to lock the Tavern and Garden for awhile? Cause thats the jist I'm getting from this.

Tah be quite honest, I wouldn't care if the tavern was locked down or caught on fire or blown to a kazillion shmithereenies, cause I'd still have The Bazaar and The Cage to roam around in. xD

Ice_Lioness

First Post
Well, it's not to say that we want them to take the CRT off the flash chat and that's -why- we intend to do it. Think of it as if you were unhappy with the way the setting of the CRT is, maybe you would rally people together and burn it down as if to make a statement.

Perhaps, your just acting out the behavior of your character or you have a score to settle with people in Ford's Keep, so in retaliation maybe you burn the place down. I mean, why not have it as an option? Besides, I'm sure people could tollerate the CRT being down for a short time even if it did happen.

Willow_Calypso

First Post
Mayu Amakura said:
Tah be quite honest, I wouldn't care if the tavern was locked down or caught on fire or blown to a kazillion shmithereenies, cause I'd still have The Bazaar and The Cage to roam around in. xD

Fortunately one vote doesn't count, you silly person you! :mad:

Willow_Calypso

First Post
Ice_Lioness said:
Well, it's not to say that we want them to take the CRT off the flash chat and that's -why- we intend to do it. Think of it as if you were unhappy with the way the setting of the CRT is, maybe you would rally people together and burn it down as if to make a statement.

Perhaps, your just acting out the behavior of your character or you have a score to settle with people in Ford's Keep, so in retaliation maybe you burn the place down. I mean, why not have it as an option? Besides, I'm sure people could tollerate the CRT being down for a short time even if it did happen.

Because too many people would suddenly want to change the entire site. All hail, lets burn everything and make it bigger, newer, and shiner. The Magi don't have the time to redo everything. That is a lot of work!

Kallikrates

First Post
Did someone say fire?

It would be interesting to see the CRT catch on fire for a night...

Make it the auto-heal CRT.

Any damage it sustains will be healed once the owner of the tavern steps over the threshold.

No matter if it was a flood, fire, tornado, or somehow someone smuggled a bomb from the future.

It would interesting to see how people's characters reacted.

Say it were a fire, maybe it would a fire that was conjured to only affect the CRT and not the surrounding buildings.

Interesting...but as I am not in charge it doesn't really matter.

Remove ads