Weekend Game - Dwellers of the Forbidden City - OOC - Game is Running

Rhun

First Post
industrygothica said:
You're still probably not too much older than me. I'm 33. I guess I just got a late start. ;)

Now I feel much better! I'm only 31! LOL. I started playing D&D at about 6-7. My older brother used to DM me when I was little. Its funny, but I actually attribute my ability to read and write to Dungeons and Dragons. I can remember sneaking my brother's DMG when he wasn't around and making my mom help me read it. :D

industrygothica

Adventurer
Rhun said:
Now I feel much better! I'm only 31! LOL. I started playing D&D at about 6-7. My older brother used to DM me when I was little. Its funny, but I actually attribute my ability to read and write to Dungeons and Dragons. I can remember sneaking my brother's DMG when he wasn't around and making my mom help me read it. :D

Oh, I am completely convinced that playing d&d can make a child smarter, improving use of the imagination along with basic math and reading skills. I have two small boys who I plan on introducing to the game when they're old enough. Should be a grand adventure.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Kobold Stew nods with sage wisdom derived from his senior years. "How nice..." he begins, but his dentures fit poorly, and his gums smack a bit. He tries again, "How nice it will be to play with some young whippershappers," he muses, as he wipes the drool from his chin.

The ideas bouncing around in my head were for a catfolk rogue/barbarian or a lizardfolk ranger, and if IG is going with a cleric, I'll pull together a concept.

I don't have Forgotten Realms material except what's available in previews, and I'll need help with regional feats (these old-timer core purists-- bah!).

As for post rates, I like the idea of focussing on the weekends (does it need to be exclusive?), but 2-3 times/day might be all I can manage. We'll obviously see the rhythm we set, and if I can't keep up, the loss will be mine.

Actually, let's pull together an idea now. Unearthed Arcana has a variant druid with no wildshape. Let's try one of those:

a lizardfolk (variant) druid 2 (ecl 5). How would that work? I'll play around to see if summoning or battlefield control work reasonably well, but he'll be a hand-to-hand fighter.

More soon --

KS>

dog45

First Post
somehow this thread slipped under my radar. I'll check in for playing, but I can't drop in the DM slot right now. I'm going to reread the game info and then post a concept. Thanks for stepping up Rhun!

Rhun

First Post
Kobold Stew said:
I don't have Forgotten Realms material except what's available in previews, and I'll need help with regional feats (these old-timer core purists-- bah!).

Hey, come on now...I've been playing Forgotten Realms since 1987.

Kobold Stew said:
a lizardfolk (variant) druid 2 (ecl 5). How would that work? I'll play around to see if summoning or battlefield control work reasonably well, but he'll be a hand-to-hand fighter.

I like the concept a lot, actually...and it fits for the type of adventure.

Rhun

First Post
dog45 said:
somehow this thread slipped under my radar. I'll check in for playing, but I can't drop in the DM slot right now. I'm going to reread the game info and then post a concept. Thanks for stepping up Rhun!

Welcome, dog45.

Edit: Woo-Hoo! Post 2k!

Rhun

First Post
Alright, the six of you are in. I know I said five, but what the hell...so that makes our group:

industrygothica - Cleric of Lathander (Strength, Renewal)
shayuri - warlock/sorcerer guy ?
voidrazor - warmage
dog45
koboldstew - lizardfolk druid variant
falkus - archer

Last edited:

Remove ads