Weekend Game - Dwellers of the Forbidden City - OOC - Game is Running

industrygothica

Adventurer
Just an update on my cleric. He'll probably serve Lethander, with strength and renewal domains. I'm going to check out CD and see if I can find anything interesting in there before I start on the stats though. Shouldn't take long once I figure out exactly how I wanna get him set up.

IG

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
dog45 said:
woot for you? heh.

Well, actually...I should probably have like 3300+ posts. I forgot the very first user name I had here, and had to re-join. And then, I lost over a thousand posts in the Great Database Crash of 2006. Be glad you weren't around for that! :D

Voidrazor

First Post
industrygothica said:
Great. Thanks for doing this, btw.

A character concept I've had in mind for a while now, although maybe a bit too complicated due to being heavily multiclassed:

Oriah, a mute orphaned as a child, lived alone for some time in the wild (barbarian 1) before being found by (someone) and brought to Pelor's (or some other good deity) nearest temple. There the priests soon discover that Oriah has the ability to assault one with her mind (wilder 1), and decide to train her as a warrior in (whatever deity's) name.

I planned on giving her fighter levels and using a chain with a cranked up dexterity score, but a cleric or paladin would work as well, although I'm not sure how the spellcasting would work given that she is a mute.

Input?

IG

Have you considered Barbarian 1/Psychic Warrior 4? The psy war's Expansion power would be really good with a chain. Plus you could pick up either Hustle or Lion's Charge as a 2nd level power.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Voidrazor said:
Have you considered Barbarian 1/Psychic Warrior 4? The psy war's Expansion power would be really good with a chain. Plus you could pick up either Hustle or Lion's Charge as a 2nd level power.

I've looked at several combinations, really, although I hadn't really looked at all the powers available. Those wouldn't be bad though.. not bad at all. I'll have to consider them when I finally do build her.

Falkus

Explorer
And here's my character sheet and background

Seril D’Ancor

Ranger 3/Fighter 2
Alignment: Neutral-good

EXP: 12501

Str: 16
Dexterity: 18 (fourth level bonus point here)
Con: 12
Int: 14
Wis: 11
Chr: 8

BaB: +5
Melee: +8
Ranged: +9

HP: 40
AC: 10 + 4 dex + 4 armor = 18
Initiative: +4

Saves
Fort: +7
Ref: +7
Will: +1

Skills
Climb: 5 (9)
Craft (Bowmaking): 5 (7)
Escape Artist: 3 (7)
Hide: 6 (11) (13 in forests)
Jump: 3 (9)
Knowledge (Geography): 6 (8)
Knowledge (Nature): 6 (8)
Knowledge (Religion): 2 (4)
Listen: 6 (7) (9 in forests)
Move Silently: 6 (11) (13 in forests)
Spot: 6 (7) (9 in forests)
Survival: 6

Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven, Draconic

Class Abilities: Track, Favored enemy (animal), Wild Empathy, Combat Style (ranged) Endurance, fighter bonus feats

Feats:
Forester
Track
Weapon focus (composite longbow)
Rapid shot
Endurance
Point blank shot
Precise shot
Far shot

Armor: Mithril Shirt

Thunderwing (Shocking composite longbow +1 (+4 str bonus))
Long sword
100 arrows
3 potions of cure moderate wounds
Backpack
Caltrops
Crowbar
2 fishhooks
Flint and steel
Grappling hook
Pole, ten foot,
3 days travel rations
100 ft of silk rope
2 waterskins
Climber’s kit
2 Traveler’s outfits

5 gp

Attacks:
Thunderwing (Shocking Composite Longbow +1): +11: 1d8 + 4 + 1d6 electricity
With rapid shot: +9/+9 1d8 + 4 + 1d6 electricity
Range increment: 165 feet
Longsword: +8: 1d8+3

Description: Seril stands at five feet, with long red hair and blue eyes. He’s quite well built for an Elf, with a muscular structure. He dressed in dark shades of green and blue, and usually has a Robin Hood style hat perched on his head. He wears Thunderwing, his magical bow, across his back, and a plain longsword at this side.

Background: Growing up in the High Forest region, Seril was a member of the D’Ancor family. This would mean little to those that were not aware of the family’s legacy as elite bowmen. For as long back as anyone could remember (and elves have long memories), there were D’Ancor’s serving as archers in royal guard or famous adventure parties. The first thing Seril held was a bow, and as soon as he was old enough, his family began having him practice his archery on a daily basis.

Much of his youth was spent as a hunter, a traditional job for an archer in training. He would roam the forests, bringing back wild game under the supervision of the rangers in his village, who eventually accepted him into their ranks once he had obtained enough skill in both archery, and in tracking and survival.

After many long decades of training and hunting, Seril has finally decided to strike out on his own, and make a name for himself. He’s honed his talents as far as hunting game and training can take them. From here on out, he has to put them to practical use to improve them, and he intends to do that.

Seril worships Solonor Thelandira. He tends to be fairly solemn, and talks of using the bow as if it were a religion.

Last edited:

dog45

First Post
and speaking of dwarves, here's my character idea -

dwarven scout 3/barbarian 1/fighter 1

Trapfinding + Power Attack! Trapattack!

Rhun

First Post
industrygothica said:
Speaking of equipment (ok, so maybe no one was speaking of it, but we are now), what are the limitations on magic items, if there are any?

By limit, do you mean the maximum you can spend on one item? I"m going to say no. If you want to blow your entire budget on a single item, feel free.

Remove ads