Weekend Game - Dwellers of the Forbidden City - OOC - Game is Running

Rhun

First Post
Kobold Stew said:
I'll put up a character --or his beginnings --later today (RL has been particularly full this week). It's occurred to me that I should say I'm on pacific time, so I might wake up well after most of you.

I'm on Mountain Time, so I'm only an hour ahead of you. Just wanted to make sure you were still in.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?p=3218043#post3218043

First draft of a character is posted -- "Sandor".

I'd appreciate suggestions for a regional feat. I also have to chooose another feat, and settle on a language: Goblin? Sylvan? Aquan? Sylvan is there for the equicephs in the backstory.

No equipment has been bought yet, but I'll work on that.

Any thoughts/advice appreciated.

EDIT:

As I hope is clear, at close range, he plans to fight with natural weapons, but also to have a reach weapon (longspear).

Rhun

First Post
Yeah, I'll post some likely regions for him to hail from tomorrow, and what the feats are. I've actually got plans tonight. :D

Rhun

First Post
Kobold Stew said:
I'd appreciate suggestions for a regional feat. I also have to chooose another feat, and settle on a language: Goblin? Sylvan? Aquan? Sylvan is there for the equicephs in the backstory.

Thought for Sandor:

Possible regions (without listing every possible region, because there are a lot of them):

[sblock=Chult]
The Jungles of Chult are near to where the adventure will be taking place, and could fit Sandor well. Chult is considered by most to be a backward, unsettled land of monsters, jungles, diseases and savages. Has a large population of lizardfolk.

Automatic Language: Chultan

Bonus Language Choices: Alzhedo (Calimshan), Draconic, Dwarven, Goblin, Shaaran (The Shaar), Sylvan, Tashalan (Tashalar, where the adventure will start).

Regional Feat Choices:
1) Foe Hunter (+1 damage with melee or ranged attack within 30' against Lizard folk and Yuan-Ti, and you act as you have the Improved Critical feat against these opponents)
2) Snake Blooded (+2 fort bonus vrs. poison and +1 on all reflex saves)
3)Survivor (+1 on fort saves and +2 on all Survival checks)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Tashalar]
More civilizaed than Chult, Tashalar is an exotic land of strange foods, beautiful people and great wealth. Sizeable population of lizardfolk.

Automatic Language: Tashalan

Bonus Language Choices: Alzhedo, Chultan, Draconic, Illuskan (spoken mostly in the North), Orc, Shaaran, SYlvan

Regional Feat Choices:
1) Foe Hunter (+1 damage with melee or ranged attack within 30' against Lizard folk and Yuan-Ti, and you act as you have the Improved Critical feat against these opponents)
2) Snake Blooded (+2 fort bonus vrs. poison and +1 on all reflex saves)
3) Mercantile Background (+2 on appraise checks and +2 on craft/profession skill)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Lake of Steam]
This region is made up of multiple independent city-states and small countries. The Border Kingdoms on the southern shore of the Lake of Steam have a high proportion of nonhumans.

Automatic Language: Shaaran

Bonus Language Choices: Alzhedo, Chondathan (spoken widely throughout the Realms), Dwarven, Goblin, Tashalan

Regional Feat Choices:
2) Mercantile Background (+2 on appraise checks and +2 on craft/profession skill)
[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Rhun: thanks for this --

I think Chult works well for the character, and I'll go for Survivor.

More on this tonight.

KS>

Rhun

First Post
Looks like everyone has submitted their concepts. I still need dog45 to post his character in the Rogue's Gallery. Other than that, it looks like we are getting close, so I hope to have the initial IC post up prior to the weekend. We can continue to use this thread as the OOC thread.

Rhun

First Post
I will try to get all of the PCs reviewed tonight and tomorrow, and hope to throw up the first IC post on Friday. Hopefully that will work for everyone.

Rhun

First Post
Hey Kobold Stew,

On Sandor...I'm coming up with 39 points spent on the point-buy.

Str 16 14 base (6 points) + 2 racial
Dex 10 10 base (2 points)
Con 16 14 base (6 points) + 2 racial
Int 12 14 base (6 points) -2 racial
Wis 19 18 base (16 points) + 4th level bonus
Cha 11 11 base (3 points)

6+2+6+6+16+3=39, which is 6 points over. Did I miss something here?

Remove ads