D&D General Welcome Thread

iamntbatman

First Post
Hi everyone. Longtime nerd, newbie D&D player here. I'm the sort of person who falls hard for hobbies, and D&D is no exception. I've been lurking here for a couple of months, playing with a local group here in Korea and passing the time between game sessions by reading the game books, rolling random characters, spending way too much money on dice, and watching a ludicrous amount of D&D streams. I get the impression it's sort of controversial within the community, but I've really been digging Critical Role and have finally caught up on that. That stream in particular has helped to show me how great the game can be in terms of communal storytelling, a really deep tactical experience, and also just a really great way to express parts of your real personality in an escapist fantasy world. Good stuff.

Anyway, I hope to keep playing as much as I can, and eventually maybe run my own homebrew campaign. Thanks for having such a useful site, and hopefully I'll be able to contribute in some way!

BlackMagicWolf

First Post
Hello everyone, I'm Todd, from Illinois, and I work for a couple video game companies! Happy to be here, and I hope I can talk with you all about exciting things coming up soon!

Hello! I am new to this forum and I am trying to add a signature and upload a profile pic / avatar. The FAQ says"

"How do I set signatures, avatars and profile pictures?

You can set and change your signature, avatar and profile picture in the User Control Panel (providing the administrator has made these options available).

For signatures, click on 'Edit Signature' under the 'Settings and Options' area of the navigation bar within the User CP.

To select an existing or upload a new avatar, click on 'Edit Avatar'.

To upload a profile picture, click on 'Edit Profile Cover Photo' in the 'Your Profile' section."

However, I don't see an avatar or signature option, and when I tried to upload a pic for my profile it said unable to save.

Any help?

Whusmaname

First Post
Hello! I am new to this forum and I am trying to add a signature and upload a profile pic / avatar. The FAQ says"

"How do I set signatures, avatars and profile pictures?

You can set and change your signature, avatar and profile picture in the User Control Panel (providing the administrator has made these options available).

For signatures, click on 'Edit Signature' under the 'Settings and Options' area of the navigation bar within the User CP.

To select an existing or upload a new avatar, click on 'Edit Avatar'.

To upload a profile picture, click on 'Edit Profile Cover Photo' in the 'Your Profile' section."

However, I don't see an avatar or signature option, and when I tried to upload a pic for my profile it said unable to save.

Any help?

I'm having the same problem. I think it's because we need a certain amount of posts before these options unlock for us (Feel free to correct me if you know better, Mr/Mrs/Ms/Dr/Prof admin/moderator).

I'm having the same problem. I think it's because we need a certain amount of posts before these options unlock for us (Feel free to correct me if you know better, Mr/Mrs/Ms/Dr/Prof admin/moderator).

I was just told that this feature was disabled (avatar pics - not sure about profile pics) for non-paying forum members. I guess they should update the FAQ!

Remove ads