D&D General Welcome Thread

tom1017

Villager
Hello guys.

I'm a veteran RPG player but a noobish GM. Our group has decided to give a go at D&D5e and I'm gonna be the DM (wish me luck).

I'm joining these forums because I'd like to know more about 5e and the Tyranny of Dragons campaign that I'm trying to prepare atm.

Cheers.

tom.

TrefoloGM

First Post
Ive been my DnD 5E groups dm for the past 2 years (nobody else will take the reigns). Ive come here seeking advice about my game;

I have been running a 5e game in a homebrewed world. The main idea for the campaign is that the players will have to travel through time in order to change events so that the high elves cannot assume total control of the world. I gave my players a special talisman that allows them to teleport to an area that exists outside of the normal flow of space and time. Everything has been going just fine so far except that one of my characters has made the mistake of abusing the teleporting stone and would teleport the this area in the middle of a battle to take a long rest and teleport back at the exact same time.

I decided that she overshot the time period she was aiming for by about 30 seconds, arriving earlier than when she left. Upon her arrival she saw herself getting knocked unconscious by her opponent in an arena battle. She then dragged her unconscious body away from the arena to safety.

Now heres my dilemma; I cannot think of how to continue with this circumstance. Obviously she has already made contact with her past self and nothing (seemingly) happened, so the idea that physically touching the other version of you could cause something to happen may be out the window. I introduced a being who exists outside of the flow of space and time and lives in the area that the players may teleport to. I could perhaps have that being intervene.

What are some of your thoughts?

Grimkrieg

Villager
Hello, friends!

I'm here to check out what is going on in discussions about RPGs, mostly for exposure to new opinions outside of my usual haunts. I love seeing what people are playing and creating. The state of gaming these days has made me almost giddy with its wondrous variety.

I mostly run custom systems that I create these days, but am considering running something more standard to try out GM'ing on Roll20 if I can make the time.

I write and self-publish fantasy novels when I am not gaming.

I am eager to read what ya'll have to say about games!

Malken

First Post
Hey everyone,

I've been a D&D player/DM since the early days of 2nd edition, carried on through 3rd edition, never played 4th edition despite owning all the core books (I know what the general consensus on that edition is, but I still would've like to try it out in an actual game), and I've also dabbled a bit with Pathfinder. I'm now looking forward to trying out 5th edition with my group in the homebrew setting I'm currently developing.

I love mythology, fantasy and sci-fi literature, and I'm always seeking out new adventure ideas and good mechanics to implement in my games.

So, onward! There are forums to explore, tales to devour, and legends to be found.

nodandsmile

First Post
I can't believe I started gaming three decades ago. Sadly, the last few years I've been out of contact.

Have particularly played ShadowRun and DnD over the years, with a few others systems here and there. Love to find a new game or games :D

Quiet thread looks like...

GaitsuLore

First Post
Hi. I'm fairly new to DnD, I've played some Warhammer 40k, and a little of Pathfinders, but never could get into a group willing to teach me for DnD.
Now, I have the 5e phg, and a group of friends who are also DnD virgins, so I'm taking up the mantle of GM as we learn. I'm very likely to have a TON of questions, and I hope I can find some quick answers here in the forums.
I do have a friend who is a lot more experienced with playing and gming, who is in the campaign with us, while helping me from the sidelines when I falter up, but I'd like to avoid that as much as possible.

Most of my games that I've played in have been sci-fi (The 40k), and back when I did a lot of text based rp, I did a lot of fantasy.

nodandsmile

First Post
。。。

What are some of your thoughts?

Break the device for a while. Give the "cheating" player a slow disease, so it 'seems' there was no problem but there will be consequences. Break the timeline. Everything starts going seriously haywire because of that one little touch etc. Maybe break your story for awhile but give'm a different adventure.

Imply they need to do this JUST to get back to where they were. The longer they don't, the worse the timeline itself will become.

Welmby

First Post
after being out of the game for many years last night i played 5e dnd. ong i'm out of practice. the family would like to start our own little group. any free campaigns or ideas are welcome.

monkeydm

First Post
Hi!

Thanks for accepting me to be part of this forum. I am a starting DM for a group of players who have never played the game. So i bet i can learn a lot here :)

Best,

monkeydm.

Remove ads