D&D General Welcome Thread

Played some games in high school, now I'm back for more on the cusp of being 40 years old. Seriously, RPG's can save the world. How else can 7.5 billion humans be taught to coexist without destroying each other or the environment besides encouraging them to play together in an imaginary world? Let your problems become increasingly imaginary, I say, and leave the bare necessities your only real world concern. More for everyone, that way.

Druindo

First Post
Hi. I'm new here. Getting back into things after watching season start of Critical Role. I play in a couple live action games in the Mind's Eye Society, but don't have any tabletop games currently.

Jeux Fictifs

First Post
I am a french Canadian from Montreal ...because i not know english very well
I use a translate.google.ca to read many of yours post. ...
I start play D&D with bleu box, in 1980.
Since 2015, most my time is to build fantastic world and science fiction to play with many role play games.
It's days, I translate from Index Card RPG for play that in french with some friends.

Tutunkommon

First Post
Hey everyone!

First post towards my non-spammer qualification. I'm a returning player (played 1st edition, took a break, and 20 years later am getting into 5th edition). I'm hoping to find some premade homebrew stuff I can meld into my world. Specifically, the party is getting ready to explore the Feywild and Underdark, so I am frantically looking for maps and material.

Looking forward to seeing y'all!

PunsAndDragons

First Post
Hi, I'm Steve and I have been playing fantasy games for over 30 years, starting with AD&D. I’ve worked my way through versions 2, 3 & 3.5 before switching to the ‘dark side’ – Pathfinder!

I still play AD&D, Pathfinder and Zombicide but not as much as I’d like due to work commitments. I also really enjoy the online Neverwinter Nights D&D worlds of Amia and Arelith, although I have really struggled in the last couple of years – but I do intend returning in earnest in the future.

I've read a lot of Forgotten Realms books too, in particular those by R. A.Salvatore.

My other passion is making jokes – I’ve been doing so for over 40 years and I’ve taken to writing them down if I consider them good (or bad!) enough.

As a child I also loved drawing cartoons but stopped at the age of 12 to play sport, read, study, get a job and raise a family: I hasten to add, I didn't do all these aged 12.

A couple of years ago I realised that my kids were becoming independent and I had some more free time - so I picked up my pen and gave it another go - and loved it. They say 'you don't lose your gift' - well I don't have a gift, so I haven't lost it!

Last year I created my website (www.PunsAndDragons.com) and Twitter & Facebook accounts, where I have been posting cartoons ever since. I now have a good following and have therefore decided to collate them into a book which is ready to be unleashed on the world! I will shortly start a Kickstarter campaign for the book – “The Pun Master’s Guide”.

In the meantime I thought I’d get more involved in the community and I look forward to contributing, in my own way, to the forums. I hope to spread my passion and sense of fun!

Remove ads