D&D General Welcome Thread

Vidrax

First Post
Hello, I'm Heiko. I have played RPGs for over 30 years. I started with "Das Schwarze Auge" (The Dark Eye), Germany's most popular RPG system, then later switched to AD&D 2nd, played GURPS for several years, then Call of Cthulhu, D&D 3rd, Savage Worlds and several others. I have now been playing D&D 5e for a few months with a group of former World of Warcraft guild mates, via roll20, and we are having lots of fun with it.

g4m3kn1ght

First Post
Hi I am g4m3kn1ght, I have been lurking around the forums on this site since just before d&d 4e was released. I currently play/DM 5e for my at home group (rarely get the time to game due to job and family responsibilities). I have played every edition of D&D and really like to read RPG rule books. I am also a big fan of card and board games, my current favorites being Smash Up and Forbidden Island respectively.

MemBerrie

First Post
Hey everyone! Everyone I know calls me SyFy, and I am 22 (23 in Feb), and I am new to this forum. I have been playing D&D since 2015, it was a homebrew a friend created for an extremely large group of us. it was so much fun that it inspired me to become a DM when I moved away from everyone. I am a new mom and unfortunaly I have yet to make friends in the area due to just the lack of time it seems in a day. I really want to have a group to DM for one day though. I had a horrible time with roll20 mainly because I am not skilled in the ways of the site. ( I am more cavewoman than i like to admit lol). I mainly want to find some people to play with and grow my DM skills more for better stories.

DAP90

First Post
Greetings and salutations. I've been gaming for a few decades now. Mostly games other than D&D like TORG, Shadowrun, M&M and 7th Sea, but I hope to start a 5E campaign soon. I GM much more than play. I'm still gaming with much of the same group that got started in 1991, though it's via Roll20 nowadays due to distance and a lot less frequently.

Vathraq

First Post
Hey everyone! Everyone I know calls me SyFy, and I am 22 (23 in Feb), and I am new to this forum. I have been playing D&D since 2015, it was a homebrew a friend created for an extremely large group of us. it was so much fun that it inspired me to become a DM when I moved away from everyone. I am a new mom and unfortunaly I have yet to make friends in the area due to just the lack of time it seems in a day. I really want to have a group to DM for one day though. I had a horrible time with roll20 mainly because I am not skilled in the ways of the site. ( I am more cavewoman than i like to admit lol). I mainly want to find some people to play with and grow my DM skills more for better stories.
Just a suggestion for Roll20. You do not need to use all of the features. Sometimes, it is easier to create the characters (scan/cell phone pic/character builder) then keep a pdf copy. Use Roll20 as a white board (using the draw tools) and type in the dice rolls (/roll 1d20+5 or /roll 2d8+4). This allows you to just do quick hand sketches as you play and a similar function to just picking up the dice and rolling them.

Another suggestion is look for at least one very experienced Roll20 member as a host or player of your game to help you with any questions you may have.

Welcome to the site.

Last edited:

Yarra Stonytoes

First Post
Hello folks!

The name's Yarra, I'm from north-west England, and I've been DMing 5th edition for a little over a year now. It's the first proper tabletop RPG me or any of my friends have played, but after one session we were all hooked, and so here I am. I've been visiting this site for a while now for info and advice, just lurking around the forum, but I decided that I ought to get myself registered now. Pleasure to make your acquaintances!

Bcrice

First Post
Hello all. Just in here looking to find ideas on playing my characters better and ideas on running a campaign if I decide to GM/DM. I look forward to the meeting of the minds.

Remove ads