• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What 1st ed AD&D Adventures are the Best? List them here!

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Thanks for all the early replies...I will happily strike FR1, but some sources do indicate that at least some of those FR are adventures, in any case I will leave that to those who know better.

In terms of version...I basically used the widely printed early 80's versions for some. A judgement call, but I tried to do it in a way that skewed the results the least.

Arnwyn

First Post
For me it's:

I3-5 Desert of Desolation
GDQ1-7 Queen of the Spiders
I6 Ravenloft

(FR1 Waterdeep & the North is definitely not an adventure.)

Rl'Halsinor

Explorer
WG4 - Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun. This was actually my first exposure to a 1E module, as well as the Greyhawk setting,and I have very fond memories of it.

I3 - Pharoah. For sheer entertainment this is right at the top.

Someone listed Judge's Guild and I have to mention Tegel Manor as being my favorite of their offerings.

rogueattorney

Adventurer
TerraDave said:
Thanks for all the early replies...I will happily strike FR1, but some sources do indicate that at least some of those FR are adventures, in any case I will leave that to those who know better.

The sum total of 1e adventures published for the Forgotten Realms:

FRC1 Ruins of Adventure
The H-series, although the first three were published before FR came out and were retro-fit after FR came out.
I3-5 were retro-fit into FR when they were published as a super-module
N5 Under Illefarn
OA1-4 were retro-fit into FR when Kara Tur was pasted onto the eastern half of Faerun.

REF5 Lords of Darkness and I14 Swords of the Iron Legion are both collections of short adventures set in FR.

That's it. Neither a long nor distinguished list.

R.A.

Last edited:

T. Foster

First Post
TerraDave said:
Also, there is a thread for OD&D and B/ED&D, including old Judges Guild, please put any nominations there. Much Thanks!

Unlike most of the JG stuff, "Dark Tower" was specifically labeled as "approved for use with ADVANCED Dungeons & Dragons," which is why I nominated it here instead of in the other thread. :)

I've always been partial to N-3: Destiny of Kings. It was the first module that made me realize, as a kid, that an adventure could be made up of a number of interlinked little locations, rather than one or two large ones. (Also that politics makes good plot.)

Heck, my upcoming Necromancer module is, in some respects, the spiritual descendent of DoK. :)

Remove ads