• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What 1st ed AD&D Adventures are the Best? List them here!

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
wolf70 said:
Here is my list:

A1-4
I3-5
I6
I12
S2
S4
T1

Why did you not list N2 The Forest Oracle? That may not be a "classic" but it still plays well.

DM

Thats why I asked! If anybody has got anymore, let me know.

CarlZog

Explorer
fusangite said:
D1-2 Descent Into the Depths
G1-2-3 Against the Giants

I purchased the original edition in which copies of these adventures when they were bound separately.

diaglo said:
but D1-2 was another product released. so was G1-2-3. true they were similar.

I'm sorry, but all this alphabet soup is scrambling my brains....

If I say D1, D2, D3, G1, G2, G3, that's not the same as saying D1-3, G1-3?

Were the D and G series compiled and reprinted or something? If so, what's the difference between the individuals and the reprint?

Carl

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
CarlZog said:
I'm sorry, but all this alphabet soup is scrambling my brains....

If I say D1, D2, D3, G1, G2, G3, that's not the same as saying D1-3, G1-3?

Were the D and G series compiled and reprinted or something? If so, what's the difference between the individuals and the reprint?

Carl

Good question. those modules where printed in (at least) 3 different formats.
Seperatly, then as G1-G3 and D1-2 (D3 stayed seperate) then as the GDQ mega module that added Q1.

G1-3 and D1-2 have essentially identical content as the seperate ones. Outside the monochrome cover, there isn't much of a difference. GDQ does have some altered content, and it mixes in Q1...

Then there is T1, Village of Homlet. The promised sequal, T2, the Temple of Elemental Evil never came. Instead T1-4, the Temple of Elemental Evil was released. This inlcuded some alterations to T1, and the rest. T1 was distinct enough that I included it seperately. The 6-7 lag between the two also meant that many people played T1 without the others, in contrast to the Gs and Ds.

Oh, and even more confusing, I12, combines the Rs...though again there is some alterations...(the As and Ss where also compiled, againg with alternations)

Hope that helps!

VorpalBunny

Explorer
My faves:

A1-A4
S1
S3
S4
WG4
B2
D1-3
G1-3
Q1

I don't think it's one of the all time classics, but I like N5: Under Illefarn (and it's not on the master list).

Jupp

Explorer
1. I3-5 Desert of Desolation
2. N1 Against the Cult of the Reptile God (Very fun adventure for beginners)
3. T1 Village of Hommlet
4. U1 Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh
5. S3 Expedition to the Barrier Peaks (Gotta love some sci-fi mayhem in a fantasy setting)

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
VorpalBunny said:
My faves:

A1-A4
S1
S3
S4
WG4
B2
D1-3
G1-3
Q1

I don't think it's one of the all time classics, but I like N5: Under Illefarn (and it's not on the master list).

Glad to see all the love for WG4, I felt it was alsways under apreciated. Though its "main charecter" has had a 3ed resurgance.

In terms of Q1, did you, or anyone, actually play that out?

CarlZog

Explorer
TerraDave said:
Good question. those modules where printed in (at least) 3 different formats.

Thanks. I had no idea. All I ever owned or played were the originals.

TerraDave said:
Then there is T1, Village of Homlet. The promised sequal, T2, the Temple of Elemental Evil never came. Instead T1-4, the Temple of Elemental Evil was released.

Now, that I knew. I was one of the suckers waiting forever for T2. I was on a prolonged hiatus from gaming when they finally released the combo. I've still never read or played it.

Carl

freebfrost

Explorer
My all-time favorites in which I was a player was the G-series. Simply awesome. Some of my fondest gaming memories as a player were from those modules.

As to the modules I ran - I particularly enjoyed N1 Against the Cult of the Reptile God. It had a well-defined base of operations for the party and well as a great antagonist in the Cult. Very enjoyable.

Tuzenbach

First Post
I've got one not on the thread-starter's list. Why? Though I haven't ever read it, it *looks* like it would be a classic as it was authored by David Sutherland III and Gary Gygax.

Q1: Queen Of The Demonweb Pits

Does it suck?

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Its there from the start (not next to the Ds though)

And it got one nomination. For various reasons people like the Ds better.

But I would like to hear if anyone actually played through it.

Remove ads