• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E What 3 Settings did you pick in the Survey

What 3 Settings did you pick in the Survey

• Forgotten Realms

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • Ravenloft

Votes: 25 15.5%
  • Ravnica

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Birthright

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Planescape

Votes: 52 32.3%
  • Spelljammer

Votes: 32 19.9%
  • Mystara

Votes: 21 13.0%
  • Dragonlance

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • Darksun

Votes: 55 34.2%
  • Theros

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Greyhawk

Votes: 38 23.6%
  • Home Brew

Votes: 85 52.8%
  • Eberron

Votes: 45 28.0%

Homebrew. As a GM word building is at least half the fun, and as a player I like to see what sort of worlds others have created. Dark Sun and Eberron as distant second and third. Both do something actually unique and interesting with D&D. Dark Sun has actually influenced my current homebrew quite a bit.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Homebrew from scratch (favorited), Eberron and Darksun.

I was hoping few people picked the worn-out kictchen sink with godlike NPCs of FR, but looking at the votes here if they are indicative of the larger picture I see that's likely not the case.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Note that in the survey there were two options for homebrew - homebrew from scratch and homebrew adapted from an existing setting. This poll only has one homebrew option. It also lacks the write-in option. Since I voted for homebrew (adapted from an existing setting), Dark Sun, and write-in (Nentir Vale), one and a half of the three options I voted for aren’t represented in this poll.

Vaalingrade

Legend
I mean, FR has a bunch of popular novels under its belt, contains pretty much all the recognizable NPCs not named after original players or creators and has basically been the only setting WotC puts appreciable support behind for almost 20 years. And, while I hate its DC-comics like tendency to explode itself every few years, a lot of people appreciate the sense of progression that few of the other setting have.

Remove ads