What are the strengths and weaknesses of different multiclass gishes?

Coyote81

First Post
As pointed out earlier, you don't need to have multiple attacks for a good gish anymore.

These spells are so good to the point that they can almost be abused sometimes. I came up with a decent combo that doesn't even use extra attack but still hits 2 targets for roughly 3d8+4(7) each at level 6 using greenflame blade, battle master sweeping attack and ranger hordebreaker.

krunchyfrogg

Explorer
These spells are so good to the point that they can almost be abused sometimes. I came up with a decent combo that doesn't even use extra attack but still hits 2 targets for roughly 3d8+4(7) each at level 6 using greenflame blade, battle master sweeping attack and ranger hordebreaker.

Exactly. Hence my support for a gish that is either a full caster, or just a one level dip into a class to give them armor proficiency.

With point buy, rocking a 16 CON, medium armor, and an axe or hammer makes a dwarf wizard an awesome gish (16 AC and 9 HP w/ 14/14/16/14/10/8)

Zardnaar

Legend
"Only" should never be followed by "needs 3 decent stats". It's not a positive, that's the height of MADness.

You can get 3 scores higher than 14 using the default array.

156 strength, 14 con, 14 cha for example. Chose 2 and maxe them out although I think a gish is fine with 18 attack stat and 18 caster stat and the bladelock doesn't really need charisma that high.

Remove ads