• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E What Class would be best?

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester
I think I will make a half-orc barbarian with the pirate background. He will be fun, simple, and destructive. Already have some character quirks in mind.

Solid. Sailor/pirate is such a great background for a Barb. And you've got the Stats to go Unarmored from the get go. i wish you much luck in the crushing of your enemies.

Ashrym

Legend
It's too bad paladins are banned. Paladin is generally an excellent choice to fill out any party even with the war cleric similarities because of the auras. Bards are another solid choice to fill out just about any party because they can be walking crack fill patching party gaps plus bardic inspiration abilities.

I would definitely look at some of the sturdier options like barbarian or fighter. Solid damage and survivability. I prefer wolf totem abilities to bear totem, personally. Going with a pirate background eagle totem might fit better.

laughinggas

First Post
I would be starting the character at level 4. Final 2 questions before I set forth:

1) Is it better to go Great Axe or War Axe and Shield?

2) Is it worth dipping 1 to 3 levels of fighter for a fighting style, action surge, and champion or battle master path?

We were told the campaign would at most go to 17th level so that rules out 24 STR and CON for my barbarian but makes multi-classing a possibility I was thinking.

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
What level are you starting? I suppose that would help decide

Yeah, although the OP has already more or less decided on what he wants to do, this would still be useful info. Especially if "keeping options on the table" matters.

Valor Bards are kinda in a bind if they don't start at level 3, for example. After that, though, I hear they're fairly solid. (Sadly, I only got to experience the squishy levels before the 5e game I was in folded, and since I don't care much for 5e it's not likely I'll get to try again. Ah well.)

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
I would be starting the character at level 4. Final 2 questions before I set forth:

1) Is it better to go Great Axe or War Axe and Shield?

2) Is it worth dipping 1 to 3 levels of fighter for a fighting style, action surge, and champion or battle master path?

We were told the campaign would at most go to 17th level so that rules out 24 STR and CON for my barbarian but makes multi-classing a possibility I was thinking.
Depends on what fighting style you choose and if you're looking more for damage or AC.

Try going with a poison build using Bounty Hunter as the class comma and switching to Guild poisoner after level 5. It worked wonders for me. Use the two weapon fighting Feats use weapon finesse and weapon Focus hand axe slashing Grace as a feet allows you to use your Dex as attack pump everything you have into your pump everything you have into your Dex and go with virulent hand axes. You can use dry out poison to knock your opponent unconscious and it's basically instant kill after that

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Try going with a poison build using Bounty Hunter as the class comma and switching to Guild poisoner after level 5. It worked wonders for me. Use the two weapon fighting Feats use weapon finesse and weapon Focus hand axe slashing Grace as a feet allows you to use your Dex as attack pump everything you have into your pump everything you have into your Dex and go with virulent hand axes. You can use dry out poison to knock your opponent unconscious and it's basically instant kill after that
Doesn't sound like 5e...

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Remove ads