• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E What Class Would Marvel Characters Have in D&D?

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
I wonder why so many people avoid the use of the Cleric class in these things. Brother Voodoo, for instance, he would be a Cleric.
Hawkeye would be an Arcane Archer.
Thor I'm thinking is a custom "oath of the tempest" Paladin.

Henry

Autoexreginated
The even better question would be to ask which Pathfinder class the Marvel heroes would map to, because with things like Construct armor, Archetypes like the Shield Crusader, Classes like the Vigilante, and all the trick arrows in Adventurer’s Armory and APG, someone at Paizo has thought about this topic VERY hard... almost TOO much, IMO. :)

Storm: Human Circle of the Land Druid. She loses wildshaping and substitutes more elemental powers/spells.

Mystique: Changeling Mastermind Rogue.

Psylocke: Human Order of the Soul Knife Mystic.

Professor X: Human Order of the Awakened Mystic.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
I'd think...probably...I'm going for the following based on abilities, with heavy refluffing in several cases. Just going off of the basic cinematic universe characters...

Captain America: Valor Bard (sans the singing, of course. But inspiration point doling oration all the damned time).
Iron Man: Ancients Paladin (He certainly knows how to use "the light." plus lots of smitey pew pew spells)
Thor: Tempest Cleric...with a Dwarven Thrower Hammer.
Black Widow: Assassin Rogue.
Hawkeye: Hunter Ranger. (maybe some leeway on his ranger spell choice selection to duplicate special arrows)
Hulk: Berserker Barbarian.
Falcon: Champion Fighter w/ Wings of Flying.
Scarlet Witch: Wild Sorcerer
Vision: ...I'm going with some kind of Mystic
Antman: Wildshape Druid w/ special specific (smaller or larger) shapechanging and all animal-related spells (speaking, control, etc...) apply only to ants.

...and while I don't really consider either of them "Avengers" though I'm sure both have at least honorary membership and they've worked together many times, bonus heroes:
Dr. Strange: Abjuration Wizard
Spiderman: some kinda Monk for all of the flippy fighting stuff, ki points can handle/cover the special powers.

Jsin

First Post
I've been playing a few of these over the past year and have found some success and tweeks to the norm.

Thor - Goliath Fighter 7 (Battlemaster) with a Dwarven Thrower. He was doing 2d10 +10 +Superiority dice per attack by level 7. I averaged 40 to 50 damage per round.

IronFist - I am currently Variant Human Monk 2 Cleric 1. My current attack round consists of a Normal and Bonus attack of 1d4 +3 Dex +1d4 Divine Favor and a reaction attack of the same damage through the Sentinel feat. That is 3 attacks per round or 4 attacks if I use Flurry. At level 3 I normally do 25 to 35 damage per round. Should be a lot more damage when my unarmed strike increases. I can also use my Bonus action to heal nearby party members instead of the Bonus Attack.

Spawn - Human Variant Mystic 5. Through the Order of the Immortal I was able to create all of spawns suit and weapons. With Blade Meld/Brute Strike and spending 5 Psi points I do a single mace attack of 6d6 +1 Str.

Ironman - Warforged Artificer 5. I talked the DM into allowing my Thundercannon to be both of my hands (still requires both to fire and at the same target) At level 5 he does 4d6 +3 dmg. All of the gadgets like bag of holding can easily be built into me.

Punisher - Human Variant Fighter 3 Ranger 2. This guy has been a lot of fun to play even thought there is nothing really special about him. I took the Crossbow Expert feat so I can run around duel wielding hand crossbows and I made sure I had a high constitution. The best part of this guy was building the War Wagon. I found a decanter of endless water and I used it as a power source for my vehicle. I hired a tinker gnome to be my driver while I control the Turret Ballista (3d10), fire my bows (1d6 +3Dex each) and throw acid vials 2d6 from the murder holes. The thing looks like a mini tank with a snowplow on the front (6d6 ram dmg). Of course the skull is painted on the plow blade!

I have plans for Hulk, Hulkbuster, Spiderman, and Falcon in the near future.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads