D&D 5E What classes do you want added to 5e?

mellored

Legend
warlord/noble/tactician, or whatever you want to call it. battlemaster is too light on buffs/manuevers and too heavy on damage. something more advanced and complicated (in a good way).

4e ardent, under the psionic/mystic class. the passive concentration mechanic is spot on for this.

shaman (4e and 3e), while i could see it under druids (expend wild shape to summon a spirit, thay you can cast spells though), i think there is some good mechanics to explore here worth it's own class.

swordmage, which could easily be a Oath of arcane paladin, and a few new smites.

artificer, including golem master, seige engeneer, trapmaster, and alchemist sub-classes. more vancient style, where you prepare things ahead of time. i.e. you make 5 fire potions, 3 oil potions, and 2 healing potions at the start of the day.

4e warden, as a defensive barbarian sub-class. werewolf could fit here too.

edit: i could also see a defender sub-class for the fighter. and a jester for the bard.

Last edited:

Greg K

Legend
A Witch class using the Witch class from Green Ronin's Witch's Handbook as a guide
A Shaman class using the Shaman class from Green Ronin's Shaman's Handbook as a guide
A Warrior Mage base class with bladesigner, duskblade, and spellsword subclasses
A 3e Oriental Shaman class (monk/spellcaster) with variants for a more European friar monk and a buddhist priest
A mentalist class with precognition, pyrokinesis, telekinesis, telepath type options (AD&D 1e type psionic or WOTC Soulblade)
A light armor Fighter variant along the lines of Khaalis's light armor variant with various subclasses such as corsair, swashbuckler

Some people might want to use multi-classing for some of these. However, not everyone uses multi-classing and, as a DM, I don't like the hoop jumping of 3e and 5e multiclassing to represent common fantasy archtypes. Nor, do I like telling players to ignore the baggage brought by multi-classing- just give me a single base class designed to do the job smoothly and accurately (with subclasses for variants to fine tune).

Last edited:

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
Psion/psionic-type class. Mostly to convert a certain old halfling psion/thief who was a big player in the luffa trade. :)

Li Shenron

Legend
...what classes do you want?

None.

What classes do you think we need?

None.

What class do you want first?

None.

None :D

I mean... I am not a fan of the idea of new classes at all. I would rather see new subclasses designed, soon and many of them. If and only if it turns out really difficult to make something a subclass, I can make an exception and accept a new class for that (Psion is the only one I can think about). I would even prefer prestige classes rather than more core classes.

Yunru

Banned
Banned
4e shaman, just loved the concept, and the execution, of using your spirit animal to support your allies being the main shtick.

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
INCARNATE!
with Soulborn and Totemist subclasses.

Essential and soulmelds baby!
Take that you stupid blue dragon!

Edit and Dragonfire adept

INCARNATE
  • Incarnum Master
  • Soulborn
  • Totemist