• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E What D&D Beyond should have been.

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
Hey, gang. Can't we agree that giving WotC feedback on their current offering is a good thing to do? And not belittle those who choose to do so in a simple, rather non-offensive post? Sometimes people just need to vent.

Cheers!

/M

Maggan

No. This is the internet. :)

Ok, then let's "internet" a little bit more. :)

This is most certainly an offering from WotC. It is offered via an intermediary, but it is WotC offering it. Without WotC, this would not exist. And they most certainly haven't taken their hands off the ball just because they licensed the material. They control the license, they choose what is offered.

So any feedback is fair to be directed to WotC regarding this product. As well as the license holder, of course.

/M

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Ok, then let's "internet" a little bit more. :)

This is most certainly an offering from WotC. It is offered via an intermediary, but it is WotC offering it. Without WotC, this would not exist. And they most certainly haven't taken their hands off the ball just because they licensed the material. They control the license, they choose what is offered.

So any feedback is fair to be directed to WotC regarding this product. As well as the license holder, of course.

/M
This community isn't WotC.

jaelis

Oh this is where the title goes?
I'm not a softwafe developer.

I'm just a lowly customer of WotC and my only power is to not to buy any beyond procucts. And I will not buy as long as the prices are too high for my personal opinion for the given content.
So you're not really saying that Beyond is objectively overpriced, just that it is more expensive than you care to pay?

No one should dispute that, you're the only one who gets to decide how much you care to pay :)

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
I like the looks and the feel of Beyond.

However, until I see a trend to digital tools take hold with my group. I will not be purchasing it myself. Just like, if I had no reason to have actual books, I would likely only be investing in Beyond material.

Maybe... There has been talk about construction of a sweet sweet gaming table. I just need a house to put it in once done. >.>

Maggan

This community isn't WotC.

I am aware of that fact.

I am also aware of the fact that this has been the largest D&D fan site for many years, and that members from WotC frequent these boards, and often read fans opinions on how they relate to the game.

In my opinion it is not too much of a stretch to post feedback here and hope that WotC might read it.

/M

Maggan

So ... not sure what your are saying by using words like "intermediary," or that "WotC is offering it," but it profoundly seems to misunderstand the economics of the issue.

I haven't gone into economics at all. All I am saying is that dismissing feedback to WotC by saying "talk to the developers of DND Beyond" is, in my opinion, missing the mark.

/M

Remove ads