D&D 5E What D&D Beyond should have been.

Horwath

Legend
You level up very differently than most people I know, then.

Most people know whole level in advance what they will pick when they level up.

1. add few HPs

2. Add one feature, maybe two

3. if spellcaster add a spell or two. Spellcasters are in 2 min category.

4. one in four chance that you will need to add +1/+2 to rolls that you are proficient(+15 sec)

Most people know whole level in advance what they will pick when they level up.

1. add few HPs

2. Add one feature, maybe two

3. if spellcaster add a spell or two. Spellcasters are in 2 min category.

4. one in four chance that you will need to add +1/+2 to rolls that you are proficient(+15 sec)
I have to agree with what the others have said - you must have a very disciplined group, as mine takes a good 30 - 45 minutes to level up on a good day. Back when we didn't have D&D Beyond so that everyone could access the PHB, it took forever (usually they would have to do it at home between sessions) and my poor PHB took a beating.

Sent from my VS987 using EN World mobile app

Last edited:

DocMindwipe

First Post
For real.... I'm not saying it should be free to use Beyond beyond the current level.

However, there could be some kind of discount code if you already have purchased the dead trees.

That's all.

Sent from my SM-G935F using EN World mobile app

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
For real.... I'm not saying it should be free to use Beyond beyond the current level.

However, there could be some kind of discount code if you already have purchased the dead trees.

That's all.

This is like saying you should get a discount on an audio book or movie adaptation because you already bought the book.

hejtmane

Explorer
I'm not a softwafe developer.

I'm just a lowly customer of WotC and my only power is to not to buy any beyond procucts. And I will not buy as long as the prices are too high for my personal opinion for the given content.

That is the issue with customer sometimes thinking that software is two expensiveness but do not realize the cost of supporting IT and Infrastructure to make things like this work plus they need to make a profit to stay in business. I am not a programmer but I work the infrastructure side so to have something like this you have to pay someone to support the underlying architecture be it people like me and by the way I am not cheap and it is hard to find competent administrators at a reasonable price. If you outsource to say AWS they still have a cost and it can be more than you realize. Then they have to pay people to right the code to make it all work oh and those guys are not cheap usually they ramp up with contractors (who cost are higher) then they will shrink down to a support level for guys to improve fix bugs etc etc and they are not cheap either. The you need support staff to answer the emails and tickets etc.

You be amazed the cost of software because the rules for business are different than home users so people saying it is cheap for digital content not as much as you think we have different rules vs someone at home on their personal computer and sometimes different licensing cost.

OB1

Jedi Master

That's all.

The problem with this is it would increase the cost of the dead tree version, which would then include a feature that not everyone wants to use. Better to keep them separate costs so that you only have to pay for what you want to use.

Remove ads