• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What did you (or would you!) name your kids, and why?

freebfrost

Explorer
I figure if I have a son, he will need to have a "tough" name - one that is not easily mocked, like my friend's poor son Cooper...

And it should be complex enough so that it isn't readily available for cutesy nicknames, like Mike(y) or (Frank)lin.

So far, the best I've come up with is DESTROYER.

Not only does it meet those criteria (Destroyerie? Des? You might get Troy, but that's still cool), who is really gonna mess with a kid called Destroyer?!

:)

hafrogman

Adventurer
Pbartender said:
Ooops... Typo. :eek:

"Twinkletoes"... she likes to "dance".

No, no, no. Come up with some suitably embarressing story for why she could be called Tinkletoes and then then tell it to her date on Prom night or at her wedding reception or some other suitably traumatizing opportunity.

Disclaimer: The purveyor of this advice is not responsible for therapy costs assosciated with the following of said advice.

Mr. Beef

First Post
Some thoughts I had

I don't have a wife yet, but I'm hoping too soon.

I really do not want kids, but if she does and can use her femine wiles to win me over, then here are some names I would give our children:

Boys:

Large Richard (I'm a pretty big guy, hince the Large and, and Richard is just a name I like. I'm also naming him after a local FM radio personality)

Matthias Oliver (My real first name begins with an 'M' and I don't want to give the kid the Oliver jinx in case he becomes an actor)

Edward James (No I'm not naming him after the actor who plays Adama on the new BSG; it's actually the name of a characters alter ego in a novel I'm writing.)

Girls:

Kaylee Jewel (Named after the the character first name and actress first name of my favorite Firefly Character)

Cybil Kelly (Named after two very attractive female FM radio personalities in my town.)

Jasmine Kathryn (I'm guranteeing a strippers life for her by giving her that first name. I've always had a thing for Kathryn Janeway from Voyager.)

[I have a thing for girls names that begin with K]

I like this post. Let's keep it going.

Mr. Beef

Infiniti2000

First Post
We have two sons. Their first names follow the current generation (my two brothers and I) of naming our kids using the first initial of the father (my name is Lance). The older (2 1/2) is named Lucas André, the middle name belonging to his uncle. The younger (3 months) is named Logan Zygmunt, the middle name belonging to my maternal grandfather, who was Polish/Russian.

Both "L" names are chosen just because we like them, they're easily spelled, and they're not easily made fun of. The middle names are another story, but the kids don't really have to reveal those too often. Mine is Rainier, btw. Last name Marrou.

chakken98

First Post
I have 3 of my own children and 1 step daugther.

My family

Haidee Mae (step daugther) her mother named her when she saw her after birth and said she was a Haidee.

Andrew Dimitri, we name my son after my wife's oldest brother as he was the one that cared for her when she was little. He was pretty happy about that. Dimitri just went well with our last name.

Persophine Angiline, we had a big issue naming my baby girl. But in the end we choose persophine (greek goddess with spell varient) and Angiline as it also sung with my last name.

And finnally we have my displaced child from my ex girl friend

Kyle Owen, He was by far the hardess child I have ever named as his mother would not want any of the names that I would come up with and she only want to think of girl names. And as I new he was a boy I would do boy names that just wouldn't work. But in the end I choose Kyle Owen as it was the only one that she'd agree too.....

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Not only does it meet those criteria (Destroyerie? Des? You might get Troy, but that's still cool), who is really gonna mess with a kid called Destroyer?!

While I might not mess with him, I might mess with his parents, by doing things like deliberately screwing around with pop culture:

1) "How's Desi and his Midnight Runners?"

2) "Here's a KISS album (http://www.amazon.com/Destroyer-Kiss/dp/B000001EL3)...and the T-shirt that goes with it."

3) Buy a couple of sets of Battleship, just so I can mix-n-match to give him a custom set that has only one kind of ship.

4) I'd call him Desi (or Dezzie), and introduce him to every girl named Lucy that I know.

:D

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I finally followed that link, and on the bottom of page 4, the site's master posted a name, a very special name: "Joofenkle"

I'm either using that on one of my hypothetical future kids, or a Gnome PC! ;)

Remove ads