• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What did you (or would you!) name your kids, and why?

Kaodi

Hero
I'll never forgive the bastards who started spelling Macdonald improperly. Two words, morons, and ones a name! Agh! Me, Sutherland, Trump, Brashear... we've all been slighted!

somecallmetim

First Post
I have two girls:

Kira Skye (I wanted to spell it Keira and my wife wanted Kyra, so we compromised)
Kayla Rayne (I wasn't sold on Kayla, but she claimed naming rights based on the fact she was the one giving birth to the child)

In both cases the middle name was agreed on first.

We just found out we are expecting our third. So far the leading candidates are:

Emma Wynter (Yes we are pretty screwed up when it comes to girls' middle names)
Alec ????? (we haven't agreed on a middle name, my wife is partial to having a boy called AJ so it could be something normal like James)

I'm also partial to Alexandra, Brooklyn (I've pushing this one since the first girl), and Jenna for girls names.

Last night my wife told me she would be willing to go with a Jr. Timothy Andrew McMahon Jr., and call him TJ . I want my child to have his own identity, so I think thats out.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
i'm also big on the wanting my kids to "have their own indetity" thing. i absolutely refuse to have a "Kevin Jr" running around. my wife wants to pick a "K" name for a baby since i won't let her use my name, but i'm leery on that as well. i had to shoot down "Evan" and "Devon" on similar principles. ;)

not that we're expecting another baby yet, but the discussion is endless...

Aurora

First Post
Dannyalcatraz said:
Something else that runs in my family: "Argumentative Jerk!" I can almost hear the roll-call now...
Dman your kids are gonna need therapy! LOL Of course, mine will to. So you are in good company. :D

Kurashu

First Post
somecallmetim said:
Alec ????? (we haven't agreed on a middle name, my wife is partial to having a boy called AJ so it could be something normal like James)

Alec's a sweet name. Although, I'm pretty bais as it's my name.

I've considered name for future children.

For Girls:
Chloe
Lorlei
Valerie
Larissa
Morgan

For Boys:
Dennis Charles (I was always upset that I wasn't Dennis Charles Reiter III)
Tobias
Franklin Dillinger (We can have our own FDR)
London Gregory
Nicolae

My friend says I'm forbidden from naming any of my children Chloe or Helmut because those are his. However, consider either of us don't plan on having any kids for a few more years (we're just 17/18), I think we can work something out.

papastebu

First Post
I used to tease my wife with names like "Thor" and "Sigurd", telling her that it was traditional that we have strong, Northern-European names for my kids, because I am a large part German on my mom's side and a large part Swedish on my dad's side. She wasn't having it, but it was still fun.

The doctors told us that my wife and I had about a 2% chance of conceiving, and we were devastated. For this reason, I considered naming our son "Miracle", or "Gift From God", or something equally impressive and reflective of how I felt about the whole situation.

Then I saw the name "Carson", and found that it means "beloved". That pretty much hit the nail on the head, for me and Eileen. So my son became "Bryant", which is my wife's former last name, and "Carson".

Steve.

Lumboloid

First Post
With our first child, we did not find out the sex during the pregnancy. Becvause of this, we had a couple of names picked out for each. Throughout the delivery I had a pounding headache. Small amount of discomfort next to the agony my wife went through, I know. When our beautiful daughter was born she had grey eyes. So that, coupled with my headache led us to name her Athena.

My son was more straight forward. My wife's great-grandfather's name was Charles. She never met him, but her grandmother, whom she was very close to, would always tell her how wonderful he was. So as a tribute to her grandmother and great-grandfather, we named our son Charles. Now, after naming our daughter something uncommon and somewhat nerdy like Athena, I couldn't let the wife get away without some measure of nerdiness. So, my son's middle name is Xaviar.

Remove ads