• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What did you (or would you!) name your kids, and why?

Theron

Explorer
My son is named Clark. While most folks assume it's a tribute to Superman, it's actually a tribute to Doc Savage. It was also one of the few male names The Missus and I could agree on. If he'd been a girl, we'd have gone with Lilith.

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
We named our first son Nicholas Arthur. "Nicholas" because we liked the name, and "Arthur" after my father's father.

Our daughter is Katharine Miranda - two famous Shakepeare heroines, as noted above. Given how strong-willed our Kate is, I may yet rue the day I named her that. :)

Our youngest son is Jonathan Reeve. (We thought briefly about making his middle name Nicholas in memory of his brother, but I didn't want to saddle him with that.) "Jonathan" because we like it, and "Reeve" is a family name that stretches back to the 17th century on these shores. I really wanted Reeve for his first name, but I couldn't talk the Missus into it...

A lifetime of naming D&D characters stood me in good stead when naming our kids, I think. One gets used to thinking about the rhythm and 'coolness' of a name. No kids named Orangejello for us!

Remove ads