• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What do Bards sing in your world?

What Do Bards Sing in your world?

• Classical

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • Rock

Votes: 20 37.0%
  • Emo

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Metal(Epic, like Manowar and Rhapsody)

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • Metal(regular)

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Rap/Hip-Hop

• Pop

• Touchy Feely Stuff(Smashing Pumpkins, Zwan)

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • ENYA!

Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Bards Suck.

Votes: 13 24.1%

blackshirt5

First Post
Dark Eternal said:
On a related note, I know grown men who will shudder and cringe at hearing that song from 'Pinochio' ever since my DM's Ravenloft game from several years back.

Our old DM used to sing that song too, except he'd sub in the words "Moon's Mom"(who was more powerful than a God in our world) for "A Star", and sing about how if you did not do some work, she'd come kill you.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
My Bards are Orators or sing Madrigals

or else quote Public Enemy

"Burn Hollywood Burn Hollywood- We gonna burn the Mot(CENSORED)ker Down!"

Dark Eternal

First Post
blackshirt5 said:

Our old DM used to sing that song too, except he'd sub in the words "Moon's Mom"(who was more powerful than a God in our world) for "A Star", and sing about how if you did not do some work, she'd come kill you.

Actually, I was referring to the song "I've got no strings..."

Did you ever see the Ravenloft adventure with the Carrionettes?

:D

lord irial

First Post
Uh, none of the above. There wasn't a check-box for what Bards and Spellsingers in my campaign sing.

Bards IMG sing and play music from the dark ages, middle ages and the Renaissance. If you're looking for specifics, groups such as Musica Subterranea, Efenwealt Whistle, Medievael Babes, Steeleye Span, Hedningarna, the Chieftains, various madrigal choir, among others.

Pants

First Post
There was a running joke in one of my last campaigns that the Bard in the group had Perform (Scenes from a Hat) as a skill ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads