• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What do you think of Marvel post-Endgame?

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
Hit or miss, with not a clear unifying theme yet (although there are hints dropped here and there).

The films are mostly enjoyable following their formula. I tend to like their more comedic-hero films more, so looking forward to Thor 4.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
The new movies have been mid tier and divergent but I actually like that as it allows the MCU to experiment and gain scope before it launches on the ‘next big thing’.

The fact is a lot of the original movies 10 years ago were mid tier too (Thor, Ironman 2 and 3, Hulk)

With the 10-Ring Easter eggs in Ms Marvel and the cameos in MoM it seems that the elements are now being blended together to move into the new trajectory(s)

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Just realized I haven't seen any of these except the first spider man. Nobody is really telling me to either.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
We tried it, but American high school children is a hard sell for us. We have up after a couple of episodes.
I can see that - it's a very specific style or subgenre of show, especially when compared to something like Falcon & the Winter Soldier, which is very straightforward classic MCU stuff.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
We tried it, but American high school children is a hard sell for us. We have up after a couple of episodes.
Theres very little American high school after the first two episodes,its more an examination of Pakistani teen life in the west (the cultural elements have been really well done)

well yeah. That’s what mid-tier means.

Well yeah, but that could just say that the new movies are pretty on par with most of the MCU - there have been some high tier marvels, but most of the movies have been mid tier and consistent with the Marvel formula.
The one time they diverted from formula and gave us the melodrama of the Eternals it got widely panned (though I dont think it was as bad as Thor Dork World or Ironman v Guy Pearce)

Last edited:

Remove ads