What do you use for a character sheet?

What do you use for a character sheet?

• Photocopies/printouts of the sheet in the PHB.

Votes: 41 15.1%
  • One of the alternate character sheets WotC has one their site.

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • The sheets from one of the Deluxe Character sheet packs (or copies of them).

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • A character sheet I downloaded from the internet.

Votes: 113 41.7%
  • A character sheet I designed and printed out.

Votes: 76 28.0%
  • The output of a character generator program (etools, PCGen, etc).

Votes: 54 19.9%
  • A normal sheet of paper.

Votes: 52 19.2%
  • Other (please describe).

Votes: 24 8.9%

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Staffan said:
I hope you don't mind a short critique of the sheet included.

It has the same problem as many other sheets: too little space for feats/special abilities (if Klaus' sheet had more room for those, I would probably use that one). Only 10 short lines for feats (a 10th level human fighter has that many, and you might want to write a short explanation of the feat next to it) and 5 long lines for "features/traits". Meanwhile, it has three boxes for stats for companions/mounts/cohorts, something quite few characters have (and definitely not three of them).

I would rather see that space used for special abilities and/or feats, and have a separate less-detailed sheet (possibly taking up only half a page) for an animal companion, mount or familiar, or a full character sheet for a cohort.

Yup. It's good for any type of character up through about mid-levels. At that point, I really feel you need a sheet dedicated to your own type of character. In regard to the spots for companions/mounts/cohorts, I'm use to players who almost always get horses. Add in a familiar, animal companion, or even a couple of purchased dogs and it's nicely suited. I kept the spaces for those in an order that is similar to that of a standard stat block format.

But, you're right. Once you get up into mid-levels you really need more room for at least one section or another (depending on class or even race) so I hope to have a pack of advanced character sheets out to switch to once the PCs get further along in a campaign.

Thanks for the input. :)

Remove ads