What is/are your most recent TTRPG purchase(s)?

Meech17

Adventurer
$20 off Craig's List. Started off me just wanting the D&D Starter box, and I ended up with all this stuff
Never heard of Dungeon in a Box, but it seems interesting
There are 4 or 5 3 of those Melee Mats
View attachment 355905Edit
View attachment 355904

View attachment 355906
This is a heck of a pick up. I've been scouring my local FB groups, and have yet to find a deal this amazing. There was some bozo trying to sell the essentials kit for $30. And I see a lot of the people trying to flip the Ollie's Campaign Cases.

I keep getting ads for Dungeon in a Box. It seems interesting, and apparently there's like a whole campaign you can get if you subscribe for like 6 months or so, but I just am inherently distrustful of subscription boxes after watching that bubble grow and burst in real time several years ago.

Meech17

Adventurer
I purchased a PoD copy of Red Hand of Doom from DM's Guild. It was king of on a whim. I've heard so much about it and I've been enjoying reading old adventures. I'm going to run my group through Sunless Citadel and I may try and steer them to RHoD after.

POD versions of Unearthed Arcana and Fiend Folio for 1E, to replace some well-worn, dogeared copies. Also picked up Court of Blades (a courtly variation on Blades in the Dark), hoping I can interest my play group in giving it a go - I did a solo BitD game and I’m eager to see how it does with a group.
I ran a two-shot of Court of Blades pretty recently, as a side-story in our main campaign. That's a cool game. The Paramour rules are particularly smart. Romance is usually so tough to pull off in RPGs. I think handling it with mechanics is the way to go.

Oh I guess that's the last RPG I picked up, too!

Weiley31

Legend
Mulling over the fact that I missed the Dagger in the Heart Kickstarter/Backerkit (I forget which), but I think that was probably fine, because as much as I love Rowan, Rook & Deckard, the odds of convincing anyone I know to play Heart are... low (despite having good experiences with Spire).
You know, I really like Heart: The City Beneath as well and I was feeling the same way about missing Dagger in the Heart as well. But, in all honesty, I'm getting mentally drained of backing TTRPG kick starters. Especially 5E ones.

I'm just gonna do a few more of ones that interest me/I really want, and then I'm just stopping.

More Starfinder 1e Hardback. This month Galactic Magic and Alien Archive 1 since somehow I ended up ordering a second Alien Archive 2 last month when I thought I was order 1.

Thomas Shey

Legend
If you count Kickstarter rewards, Sinless, Capers Cyberpunk and Black Star. Of the three, CC is probably the most interesting, but the one I'm least likely to use (because of the complexities of card play through VTT). Sinless is worthwhile attempt to redo Shadowrun, but I think if I was leaning into that Vault (which I got not long ago too) would be more attractive to me. Black Star is probably too lightweight for me, but its good for what it is and was not expensive.

Remove ads