• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What map types of maps do you like to use in your games?

Ottergame

First Post
I have always been partial of the big fold out maps similiar to what you will find in a National Geographic. They give you a good sense of the world, though they are impractal to use most of the time because of their size and the fact you're usually not crossing huge ammounts of distance.

What type (and companies and products if you know good published maps) do you use in your games?

Last edited:

caudor

Adventurer
Ottergame said:
I have always been partial of the big fold out maps similiar to what you will find in a National Geographic. They give you a good sense of the world, though they are impractal to use most of the time because of their size and the fact you're usually not crossing huge ammounts of distance.

What type (and companies and products if you know good published maps) do you use in your games?

My favorite type of maps for terrain are those that show about an inch to a mile (or in that range). A perfect example of this from the old TSR accessory called Thunder Rift, which included a color wall poster of the a mountain rift. These maps are small enough to wrap your mind around, while large enough to cover a variety of land features as well.

My favorite type of city/village maps are those that provide a fly in/over perspective...where you can just make out each building and street, while at the same time getting an idea of what it would look like to walk through the place. Bastion press did this in several of their .pdf products (such as Deadwood). TSR released a full color poster of Waterdeep & Ravensbluff that was very nice.

Full color posters that also serve as battlemats are great as well. One example is the ship poster that came with the recently released 'Lost City of Barakus' (Necromancer Games, if I recall correctly).

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads