• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What settings do you love?

Nightdawn

First Post
I've decided to run a game again, and I'm currently settling on which setting I want to use while I send to get my books shipped up here. I remember particularly loving the Dawnforge setting from I think it was Fantasy Flight Games(it's been awhile since I cracked the books). Does anybody have any suggestions for good settings though? I'm definitely open to them.

Crothian

First Post
Dawnforge is FFG

I really like Eberron. I think it is my favorite of the settings still being published. My ultimate love though is Thieves' World.

Nightdawn

First Post
OK, unless you can articulate WHY I should go for Scarred Lands you're really not contributing anything and just postwhoring.

Isn't Thieves' World the Fafrd and the Grey Mouser world?

And what do you like about Eberron?

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
You're probably familiar with Forgotten Realms already, but just in case you're not--there's always Forgotten Realms.

It's my personal favorite.

Vig

Edit: Beat me to to it. :p

mhacdebhandia

Explorer
In order of discovery, and naming only those about which I still feel positive (oh Dragonlance, how dull you seem from my present vantage):

Spelljammer. I like the science fantasy, Age of Sail vibe - tooling around in a wholly unrealistic version of outer space having wild adventures.

Planescape. I'm really attracted to the premise that people on the Outer Planes fight more over ideas and beliefs than they do over land or gold. That, plus the out-there locations that you can visit. My ideal Planescape campaign would play like a more serious, philosophical version of Labyrinth or Mirrormask.

Eberron. Just fantastic. Pulp adventure, noir intrigue, fresh and worthwhile takes on standard D&D tropes like races and classes - plus, as an added bonus to me, plausible and interesting religions. Oh, also airships!

Well, that's D&D settings only, of course.

Last edited:

Remove ads