What should be turned into a RPG?

Calico_Jack73

First Post
Hm. Not Hunter the Vigil then? Not that I've played that one, mind you. Or even read it. . . but it sounded like it could do that kind of show with its eyes closed. Er. Or something.

You could do Supernatural with just the core book but Hunter the Vigil adds some nice options to make it even more suited to the TV show. In fact, I'm planning to start a HtV game based on Supernatural as soon as my group finishes KotSF.

I've always thought Warhammer 40K would be a great setting, and Rogue Trader is coming next summer :)

Warhammer 40K is an AWESOME setting. Have you checked out Dark Heresy yet?

Personally I'd like a Dune RPG. I'm not entirely sure what system would best work for it though.

For James Bond I'd probably stick with Feng Shui. I just got the book this week and it seems made for the genre.

Last edited:

Starbuck_II

First Post
So what recent IP would you like to see turned into a RPG and which publisher should make it? The IP can be based on books, comics, movies, TV shows, or videogames.

I’ll start off with these:
Pushing Daisies: The RPG?

Randomly people are gaining supernatural powers: Ned can raise dead someone.

Or Burn Notice: The RPG. Spies or old spies/terrorist (she was in Ireland group)

Andor

First Post
Girl Genius the RPG. - Already in development for GURPs.

Venture Bros the RPG - This would be excellent. Although any RPG which might have Brock Sampson and Hank Venture in the same party is obviously not concerned with balance. :lol:

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
You know, I'd expand on this thread to just not include some recent stuff, but various other IPs as well. Though recent would probably sell better.

One idea I have for an RPG is more of a "based on..." type of scenario. You know how, in the 80s, there were all those wonderful shows with the super-vehicles, like Knight Rider (which has come back), Airwolf, and Blue Thunder? You might also include the latest Speed Racer movie into this mix. I would like to see some sort of RPG that covered all of these basic ideas, including rules on developing your super-vehicle, teams of people with vehicles, and so on. This would make for a nifty d20 Modern type of book, though I'm not sure those are the best rules for it.

Put me down for Heroes as well. Absolutely fantastic idea for an RPG.

Stormborn

Explorer
Venture Bros the RPG - This would be excellent. Although any RPG which might have Brock Sampson and Hank Venture in the same party is obviously not concerned with balance. :lol:

Hmmm...although if you got to play Hank and Dean the bonus for having an extra body could balance it out.

Heroes - The RPG. Maybe it would just need to be as an extra sourcebook for an established Superhero game.

Two action series I like are 24 and Prison Break. I am not sure if they could be made into a good RPG, but being Jack Baur (kicking ass) or Micheal Scofield (planning escapes or heists) woluld be awesome. Maybe in the latter vein, a "Ocean's Eleven" type game might be interesting. A "Heist" RPG seems to be missing so far.

I believe the Heroes RPG is from Green Ronin as a supplement for M&M and its called "Paragons."

But yeah, a book that even gave good advice on how to run a 'heist' game would be great.

dm4hire

Explorer
How about The Elder Scrolls? Not sure how it would go down, but I suspect there are a lot of 'crossover consumers' who might be tempted to buy, if it was pretty and readable enough. . . System, I dunno. Stripped down custom d20? Company, even less an idea.

Ack! I kick myself for not thinking of this one. Elder Scrolls was the first real break through in Computer RPGs in my opinion and just keeps getting better with each sequel. You could become a werewolf, wereboar (had one), even a vampire!! Plenty of stuff to work with as far as source material.

I didn't realize WotC/TSR had done Starcraft. I'll have to check on that. I know they did Diablo.

You know to this day I never understood why companies making RPGs based off of Blizzard products didn't mimic the skill system from the game to keep the feel. Oh well.

Remove ads