• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What should be turned into a RPG?

Hjorimir

Adventurer
Brust's Jhereg series offers a ton of possibilities. Lots of different types of magic, good fights, plenty of fluff, plenty of politics, it's all really there for someone to write (which I believe Monte Cook once said he'd like to do, but I may be remembering that wrong). He has more than one protaganist group going (if you also look back in time). I think these books could be played without feeling like you'd need to play the protagonist(s) from the books.

Obviously Midkemia/Kelewan should be a game, but I understand that the author believes his house rules could NEVER be done with real core rules (this one always cracked me up) and has rebuffed all attempts to license his books.

Both of these worlds were homebrews first. I'd pay to have a sourcebook for each...especially Jhereg.

The Green Adam

First Post
JUst a few ideas...

Star Trek...New movie, new MMORPG coming, time for a new RPG!
Jhereg...Would be super cool. As stated, even just a sourcebook would rock.
Halo...Yes, I would be very interested in this. Almost as much as...
Mass Effect...Why don't they OGL the original Traveller rules for this sort of thing?

And of course...

Galaxy Quest...Never Give Up, Never Surrender! Oh and if you do do this without at least letting me playtest or write some material, there will be blood and pain! Just kidding...

AD
"Here are my demands, and I would suggest, Commander, that you think well before speaking a word, for if I do not like what I hear there will be blood and pain as you cannot imagine..."

Calico_Jack73

First Post
Come on... you all know that you REALLY want a "Captain Planet and the Planeteers" RPG ;)

spoiler alert
Just kidding... bet you thought there was a scoup on a real Captain Planet RPG.

I'd love to see a Starblazers RPG. Don't know how it would work out since the action pretty much revolved around the Argo/Yamato but the setting would be cool.

argo.jpg

Last edited:

Afrodyte

Explorer
Calico Jack,

That suggestion should be labeled at cruel and unusual punishment.

In any case, I'd really be down for a Dead Like Me game. The series has an interesting premise, lots of potential for introducing new characters, and an inherent structure that propels action. Sounds a bit like an RPG to me.

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
I desperately need a game based on Science! Not "science," but "Science!" I need a game in which the players play a group of researchers who unleash science experiments gone horribly wrong that threaten the entire globe. I need a game in which the players have a supply of expendable grad students that die horrible deaths in teleporter accidents. I need a game that mixes The Fly, "grey goo" stories, "Portal", Half-Life, and Frankenstein with Paranoia. I need a game that feels like this:

hella_tellah-albums-misc-picture298-science.gif

Last edited:

Calico_Jack73

First Post
I desperately need a game based on Science! Not "science," but "Science!" I need a game in which the players play a group of researchers who unleash science experiments gone horribly wrong that threaten the entire globe. I need a game in which the players have a supply of expendable grad students that die horrible deaths in teleporter accidents. I need a game that mixes The Fly, "grey goo" stories, "Portal", Half-Life, and Frankenstein with Paranoia. I need a game that feels like this:

I've played a few games of "Beyond the Supernatural" using their victim rules that felt like that. I think we started playing as the parents of teenagers. When they died we played teenage babysitters or their significant others. When they died we played the children they were babysitting. Basically each time your "Victim" is killed by the monster you come in as someone who is somehow linked to the victim that just got killed.

YourSwordIsMine

First Post
Wow! no one has said it yet

Barsoom

I'd also like to see the following RPGs:

Pirates of Darkwater
Jhereg
Belgariad/Malloreon
Elenium/Tamuli
Full Metal Alchemist
Gundam
Macross (and no... not using Robotech rules...)
Half-Life
Fall Out

And my #1 personal dream/want/desire:

Asheron's Call

Last edited:

Remove ads