• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What should be turned into a RPG?

Evil_Dead_Jedi

First Post
I agree it is difficult to make a good game based on "characters" but I would like to see games based on these settings:

Tron
Heroes
Vampire Hunter D
Harry Potter
X-Files
Underworld
Marvel/DC universes
EverQuest
World of Warcraft
Star Wars
Predator/Aliens universe (great one-shots)
Evil Dead
GI Joe

I know I have listed some that already exist (SW, EQ, WoW, etc.) but I want games NOT using d20 (or varients) OR the Story Teller system.

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
Well, it really didn't survive as a television show, but Journeyman would have made an awesome RPG premise. I'm not sure which system would work best for it though. What do you guys think?

Another current IP that I think would be good converted into an RPG, would be Legend of the Seeker / Sword of Truth. I don't know if it would be perfect, but I think a 4E based system would be good for envisioning the Dance of Death abilities of the Sword of Truth. Besides, my wife would probably love to be able to play a Mord Sith.:devil: If not 4E, a Bo9S flavored variant of 3E or SAGA (like the Sword and Sorcerery SAGA) would work also.

Also, now that all of the books are done, it would be awesome to see a Dune RPG finally get published (for real, not just a limited run with previews of future books that never got published). I really don't know what system to use though. Maybe Margeret Weis Productions Cortex system for that also (like Supernatural, Battlestar, and Serenity)

roguerouge

First Post
I Am Legend... it would be the ultimate in one player, one DM games! It would work because it would carve out a niche for itself.

(My admiration is of the book version or director's cut of the recent film, not the Heston film nor the Smith movie theater release version.

Prisoner6

First Post
Wow! no one has said it yet

Barsoom

You could try Space: 1889.

There is a Fallout Pencil and Paper game already. It was released in PDF form only. I *think* it was hidden away on one of the disks for either Fallout 2, or maybe Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel.

See here: No Mutants Allowed :: View topic - Fallout Pen and Paper RPG

And how did this thread get so far down without anyone mentioning Torchwood?

JeffB

Legend

This, as well as James Bond are the only two mentioned in the thread I'd be particularly interested in.

Usually not my cup o' tea, but what was that series that Shatner wrote and starred in? - ahh.... TekWar- I liked that show.

(please no T.J Hooker comments :p )

I'll sixth (or seventh or whatever) GI Joe. One of the Cartoon Action Hour books does a pretty good imitation, but it's not the real thing.

I'm surprised no one has suggested 4E yet...

Newbznsn

First Post
LOST
Mirror's Edge
Goosbumps
Rugrats (more for kids)
James Bond
Bourne series
Man on Fire (movie with Denzel Washington)
Inside Man ( bank robbery movie)
Oceans Movies
Mission Impossible
Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory :)

I'm sure there is more i can think of but that's it for now.

Last edited:

Miyaa

First Post
A couple of thoughts. Harry Potter smells like a special version of World of Darkness' Mage books but for a student academy, although really the Warehouse 23: Gurps IOU would be perfect for that kind of thing, too.

Wall-E would make a really cool Star Wars-ish setting where you play the potato couch challenged humans back on Earth and having to figure out how to remake the world before the evil Autopilot computer does. (Or maybe a mild version of Paranoia?)

I'm surprised no one has ever made a specific Courtroom RPG. Then you could combine this with Mutants and Masterminds and essentially make Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law: the RPG.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads