• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What was the first music album you bought?

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Yeah I know. Sadly it was all down hill from there as far as their prog cred went. Wind and Wuthering is pretty bad.

IMO, you can divide Genesis into the following eras:
1969-1974: The Gabriel Era; the Best Stuff
1975-1978: Ya can't do Gabriel without Gabriel; the Bad Prog Rock
1979-1986: COLLINS! MIAMI VICE! COCAINE! SPITTING IMAGE! ALL-CAPS, ALL THE TIME! WOOT!
1987 on: So, uh, do you remember those guys? They were yuge. And the Sledgehammer guy? He used to be in the band!

R_J_K75

Legend
Hard rock and heavy metal is my bother's department! The only album I own is Number of the Beast by Iron Maiden. (come to think of it I also own two Joe Satriani albums.)
Looking back on the decision, it was money poorly spent. I listened to it within the last 10 years and lets just say Flick of the Switch hasnt aged too well. Number of the Beast is such a good record talking about singers taking over for another.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
I think the first AC/DC album I ever bought was Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap. My cousin had found it as an import in 1977 or 78 but the one I got was a lot cheaper because it had finally been released domestically in 1981. I thought I had done quite well by that in my teenage mind.

R_J_K75

Legend
IMO, you can divide Genesis into the following eras:
1969-1974: The Gabriel Era; the Best Stuff
1975-1978: Ya can't do Gabriel without Gabriel; the Bad Prog Rock
1979-1986: COLLINS! MIAMI VICE! COCAINE! SPITTING IMAGE! ALL-CAPS, ALL THE TIME! WOOT!
1987 on: So, uh, do you remember those guys? They were yuge. And the Sledgehammer guy? He used to be in the band!
How'd you forget their nadir, I Cant Dance?

R_J_K75

Legend
I think the first AC/DC album I ever bought was Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap. My cousin had found it as an import in 1977 or 78 but the one I got was a lot cheaper because it had finally been released domestically in 1981. I thought I had done quite well by that in my teenage mind.
I had a bunch of those tapes dubbed well before I ever bought a record on my own. Blizzard of Ozz was one I remember bringing to 1st grade to play for the class.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
I regret nothing.
1620403804459.png

Remove ads