• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What was the first music album you bought?

HawaiiSteveO

Blistering Barnacles!
Oh ya this takes me back!

I think Thriller was one of the first too... not including 45's of course!

Styx_-_Kilroy_Was_Here.jpg

Sacrosanct

Legend
Gosh, I can't recall exactly. One of the following:

Duran Duran Seven and the Ragged Tiger
Phil Collins No Jacket Required
Van Halen Jump
Scorpions Love at First Sting
Quiet Riot Condition Critical

I got them all around the same time after I got my walkman. And listened the heck out of each one. Phil Collins is still one of my favorite songwriters--his songs may have sounded popish, but the lyrics were all pretty deep.

First record: Steve Miller Band - Fly Like and Eagle
*First cassette tape: Made my own copy of TV show music using a Fisher Price tape recorder.
*First 8-track: An evangelical giveaway tape promoting Jews for Jesus.
*First reel-to-reel tape: Bootleg copy of Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
First CDs: Cream of Clapton, Return of the Jedi soundtrack, and Beethoven's 9th (purchased on the same trip to the music store).
I'm tempted to do a deep dig into computer backups and see if I can figure out what the first MP3 I downloaded was. 80% sure its something by They Might Be Giants.

Edit: Just realized I ignored the "bought" part for a couple of these. Oops.

Last edited:

the Jester

Legend
I bought two (vinyl!) albums at the same time- Metallica's Master of Puppets and Marillion's Misplaced Childhood. Both bands (and albums!) remain in my music collection today, though I no longer have any vinyl, alas.

Ulfgeir

Hero
The first CD I bought was "Mr. Arbeau's school of dancing (1589) vol 1" with Convivium Musicum. A CD with mediaeval dance-melodies.

Remove ads