• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's the coolest item in your game collection?

Zaarastara

First Post
Crothian said:
While I have the first printing of the Ditieis and Demigods, that's not my prize. My prize is my Thieves World Box Set from 81. There is no single gaming product that I have gotten more use out of.

Yes! This boxed set rocks. Long live Sanctuary! Long live Hans Shadowspawn!

I steal from the Thieves World Boxed set in every campaign I run. No place like the maze to get a person's blood flowing, eh?

Zaarastara

First Post
Ridley's Cohort said:
DMG 1e has small print? Hah!

I treasure my beat up copy of 1st edition Chivalry & Sorcery.

Wow! I still have my copy of C&S and haven't touched it in years. The information on medieval society was pretty cool to an uninitiated history buff.

Last edited:

Zaarastara

First Post
I'd have to say my prized possession is one of two items:

1) the complete collection of Arduin Grimoire (1st Edition) — man, did I ever steal from those little books. After 14 years my players still get mad when I threaten to throw some hasted deodanths at them, especially when they are updated for 3.5 D&D.

2) My 1st edition Advanced Dungeon Master Guide. Yes, it has cool tables and stuff. But in the mid-80s I was a bartender on Division St. in Chicago and for about 8 months I lived out of a duffel bag and stayed with whatever young lady was kind enough to take me home for the night. However, no matter how late I closed the bar on Saturday, or how far the young lady lived from my brother's home, I was always at his house at 10 am Sunday morning to run our weekly Sunday game. To make sure I didn't lose the number of the romantic dalliance from the night before, my first order of business upon arriving at my brother's house was to write her number and name on the inside cover of my DMG. Sometimes when I wax nostalgic, I pull it off the shelf and remember my lost youth. :)

smok

First Post
Prized RPG Items

Mine is probably a copy of FGU's Bunnies and Burrows and also a TSR copy of Metamorphosis Alpha.

As to RPG usage - I'd say it was RQ 2nd Edition rules
Richard.

Beale Knight

First Post
Crothian said:
While I have the first printing of the Ditieis and Demigods, that's not my prize. My prize is my Thieves World Box Set from 81. There is no single gaming product that I have gotten more use out of.

Heh. In my college aD&D campaign I scared my players every single time I pulled out that city book. Those random encounter tables were fantastic!

[edit]To bring this on-topic, I'll say it's split between that, the 1st print D&DG, and my GURPS Hyboria book.

Last edited:

Beale Knight

First Post
3catcircus said:
My *complete* TORG collection (got $500 worth of stuff for around $100 direct from WEG)..

Now that makes me all kinds of jealous. I bought my (nearly complete, only a few mods) collection piecemeal, and it now gathers dust. :(

Dungeoneer's Survival Guide is still cool to me. The 3-D maps and the Underdark laid out for the first time in one place.

I still use my 2nd Edition Campaign Guide (blue softcover) since 3.0 and 3.5 doesn't have much DMing advice.

And I'm currently enjoying Eberron.

Remove ads