Whats your best/coolest names for pc's or BBEG

awayfarer

First Post
My barbarian in our WLD game is an orcish barbarian named Thugdar Smashgud. I rolled him up in about half an hour.

The character that preceded him took me a week of really mulling things over before I settled on his final concept/build. He lived for one session. I didn't feel like getting creative after that. :)

Brakkart

First Post
I think one of my favourite NPC names was from the old AD&D trading cards, namely Noj the Double-Edged, a wizard from Spelljammer who had been cursed by his mentor with the phrase "My thy life be forever double-edged". As it was nothing worked right for him, except things that normally didn't work right for others (namely cursed items). Man did my players at University hate him. He wasn't an adversary or anything, but they grew nervous just knowing that he was in the same town as them because the extraordinary bad luck that followed him around.

Another favourite from AD&D is the villain Heironomous Spune from the Bathtime for the Hopping Prophet adventure card in the old city of Greyhawk box set. A priest of Wastri, my players despised this guy as he twice (or it might have been 3 times) managed to attack them, cause no end of a ruckuss and escape with his scaly hide intact. Plus he has a truly awesome name!

The MUD I used to build had an evil dwarf spy chief named Semaj Dnob.

A barbarian in the LARP my brother used to play in was called Dangly Bits.

My recently completed D&D campaign had a PC named Jebodiah of the Many Deaths. A dwarven frenzied berserker that the party kept bringing back to life whenever he perished in battle (which was pretty often). The adventuring group were (and still are) known as The Party With No Name, because they could never agree on one to call themselves. They have also been mockingly referred to as The Party Too Lazy/Stupid To Come Up With A Name by some of their opponents.

Last edited:

exile

First Post
My favorite name for a Star Wars character was a pilot named Brash Katel.

I met a lady at an RPGA game playing a female halfling barbarian named Grelda Berrystomper. I was quite fond of that name.

Chad

kirinke

First Post
Hmm. Current ones I'm now playing are

Teleri Shadow Song. Slightly crazy teenaged elf (95 years equivalent of a 17 year old) with a wierd sense of humor bearing an intelligent mithril longsword by the name of Princess Dror StormArmour (actually possessed by a dwarven spirit).

Alethia Sadinel. Female Exalted Aasimar (using planetouched rules) who is a cleric/ranger multi-class. Going for sainthood and possessed by

Naverone Roelhaifar a demon modeled after the Cheshire cat in attitude, once struck by a sanctify the wicked spell by a bunch of snarky angels and is therefor lawful good. Unfortunantly a bunch of crazy cultists broke him out of his prison before the change was completed (he's still lawful good though, but still bears the demonic taint) and bound him to Alethia.

Adrianna Shannan. Ex reporter/linguist expert now a FBI agent investigating weird things Ala the X-Files.

Jack of Shadows

First Post
Some hated villians from an old, old game I played in:

Hellivaqua (HELL-ih-vah-kwa): Death knight general of Iuz
Brill - Death knight ranger (This fiend hunted my party half way across Greyhawk)
Deathkiss - Death knight assassin

These three and one more were Iuz's top lieutenants in a pre-Greyhawk Wars campaign we played way back in 1st Ed. We really didn't like these guys, actually they scared the crap out of us.

Jack.

Remove ads