Wheel of Time Discussion - Spoilers(with book spoilers)

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Reading the first book I wish they set the middle of the season in Caemlyn instead of Tar Valon. But I guess they wanted to put more weight in the Aes Sedai and the relation between Moiraine and Siuan...
Elayne not being in Season 1 is weird; Elaida not being in Season 1 and having Rand in her sights is a huge ripple in the plot. But she may have been written out entirely?

Bolares

Hero
Elayne not being in Season 1 is weird; Elaida not being in Season 1 and having Rand in her sights is a huge ripple in the plot. But she may have been written out entirely?
Elaida will be in season 3 right? maybe they will add more Caemlyn in season 3? like they put the wolf-brother plotline in season 2 instead of season 1

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Elaida will be in season 3 right? maybe they will add more Caemlyn in season 3? like they put the wolf-brother plotline in season 2 instead of season 1
Possibly? Caemlyn does have a significant part in book 3, but it would be pretty strange to mix book 1 establishing Caemlyn eith what is going on later

OB1

Jedi Master
Just coming in here to say that I originally gave up on the book series after the first book, and nearly gave up on the show after the first season. I found myself with a bit of time this week and decided to give it one more chance by watching season two and... WOW! An absolutely incredible 8 hours of fantasy television. I am officially hooked, and now just debating whether or not to get ahead of the show with the books, or to read the books after each season.

Bolares

Hero
Just coming in here to say that I originally gave up on the book series after the first book, and nearly gave up on the show after the first season. I found myself with a bit of time this week and decided to give it one more chance by watching season two and... WOW! An absolutely incredible 8 hours of fantasy television. I am officially hooked, and now just debating whether or not to get ahead of the show with the books, or to read the books after each season.
For what its worth I've really been enjoing watching the season first and then reading the book. I feel like I get to appreciate the series without the "the book did it differently" feeling.

OB1

Jedi Master
For what its worth I've really been enjoing watching the season first and then reading the book. I feel like I get to appreciate the series without the "the book did it differently" feeling.
Am I right that Season 2 covers books 2 and 3? Also plan on rereading book 1 and will be rewatching season 1 and 2 again soon.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
If reading the book was a bit of a chore, I would actually recommend checking out the audiobooks: the old and the new ones are well produced and very well acted, and a lot of what Jordan was doing is more clear in spoken form. He was thst kind of writer.
Am I right that Season 2 covers books 2 and 3? Also plan on rereading book 1 and will be rewatching season 1 and 2 again soon.
It's...complicated. the climax is from book 2, but they are pulling in some stuff from books 3 and 4 (!). It is very much a remix.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
As a side note, Book 2 in the series is really, really good. The best in the whole series IMO (although books 3, 4, and 5 are also great).
Hmm, hard to compare really. Even the middle books ultimately matter and have so much good stuff.

But I have to say 4 is pribsvly the best standalone. But it still doesn't stand alone.

Remove ads