• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Where do I get...

roguerouge

First Post
... copies of the classic modules of 1st and 2nd edition? My computer crashed, just after the great WotC snit fit of 2009, so buying the pdfs which I already bought is now not an option anymore. Does anyone have any idea where I could buy copies of those modules of yore (Against the Giants, the A series, the U series, etc.)?

Crothian

First Post
They are out there in the used market. It just depends what you are willing to pay and how much you want to hunt for them.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Where do I get... ... copies of the classic modules of 1st and 2nd edition? My computer crashed, just after the great WotC snit fit of 2009, so buying the pdfs which I already bought is now not an option anymore. Does anyone have any idea where I could buy copies of those modules of yore (Against the Giants, the A series, the U series, etc.)?

Wow. That's a very bad break. How many and which PDFs of TSR products did you have that are no longer available, and thus not replaceable, because of the new WotC policy? Maybe if you give specifics (beyond the examples above), some people will have some hardcopies they can offer to you.

eBay, I'm thinking - or haunt garage sales and get really lucky.

Back up those hard drives!

e-bay? Amazon.com? Noble Knight games?
I agree with these advices. eBay would be your best bet for getting what you want at the lowest available price, but it requires some work in the form of patience and keeping regular watch. RSS feeds are your friend in this endeavor.

Amazon marketplace and NKG are also good choices, where you could find some good deals and don't have to wait for the end of an auction, but you will probably pay more than on eBay, depending on the condition of the item.

MadMaligor

First Post
Craigslist can also be a great way to get bulk lots on the cheap if your not too concerned about what kind of shape the material is in.

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
If you bought them through rpgnow, can you go into "My Account", look at your order history, and re-download? I only ever bought non-WotC stuff through them, and they seem available; not sure if WotC stuff is still redownloadable for paid customers now that they are off the market.

malraux

First Post
If you bought them through rpgnow, can you go into "My Account", look at your order history, and re-download? I only ever bought non-WotC stuff through them, and they seem available; not sure if WotC stuff is still redownloadable for paid customers now that they are off the market.

Nope. I had thought that WotC was going to re-allow downloads for just this instance, but apparently not, or that time has passed.

It might be worth sending an email to the rpgnow guys to see if there are other options (one time re-enabling downloads or something).

Remove ads