• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which character sheet do you use ?

Sam

First Post
Thanks to all those who suggested Ema's sheets. I've just checked them out and they look great. Too bad they aren't forms though.

I'm kind of surprised nobody posted HeroForge here though. It's a great excel based character developer and sheet. I use it for all of my D&D based games.

The site for it is down now, but it is normally housed at

http://www.lorekeeper.com/html/heroforgeinfo.html

--Sam

Sidyan

First Post
Ema's all the way indeed. The last version I know of, 3.1, even has page references in the spell & power lists.

I do admit using regular grid paper for my inventory and prepared spell lists however. For my current char, a Druid, I even went as far as to create a bunch of (static) excel sheets for the spell lists, which ( while based on Ema's lists ) include Gaelic incantations for use in-session, sheets for my "summon nature's ally" spells, and sheets for my wildshape abilities. The last 2 tend to alleviate the DM, because I don't have to pester him about details on animals anymore.

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
Re: Seriously...

Churchill said:
Okay. I don't use any pre-made character sheets. That's because I haven't found any that I really like. Most seem somehow counter-intuitive to me (the info is never where I think it should be), and I haven't found one that's a single page that has all the information I want on it.

So, I type my characters up in MS Word. I putz around with fonts and font size so everything I want is on one page. Except equipment.

What he said.

Pre-made sheets just don't have things where I want them to be, or have all the info I want at hand. Not an incrimanation of anyone, but just the way my brain works, I guess. (Although I do keep an official WotC sheet up-to-date in case someone else needs to run my character on a night I'm absent.)

Acmite

First Post
I use Mad Irishman's Form PDF for all my characters, and all my spellcasters use Ema's spellsheets (the later pages of his character "sheet").

jollyninja

First Post
a friend of mine and i designed a sheet with alot of miscelanious notes space. you put alot of stuff where you think it should go. it's worked well with our groups and nobody puts all their stuff in the same place. the front has most of the stuff that comes up in the middle of a fight while the back has everything else. we keep spells on seperate sheets because we hate having more then one page for a character sheet. i think he posted it on a character sheet web page, i'll put up a link if i think of it.

Thanee

First Post
I use the standard WotC one and extra sheet(s) for spells (I made my own in Word with all learned spells in the spellbook and boxes to check what spells have been memorized).

Bye
Thanee

LcKedovan

Explorer
Airwolf said:
I use the one from LonePaladin, from lorekeeper.org.

It has worked very well for me. The entire thing is done in Excel. Since I know excel fairly well I have been able to make modifications to add a PrC when I need it. I have also added spells and such to the lists.

I thought that those spreadsheets had not been updated in AGES and were missing some key stuff for my campaign. Have they been updated at all? (BTW lorekeeper.org doesn't seem to exist at the moment EDIT: aha, noticed Sam's post about lorekeeper.com).

I use PCGen myself, and output in a variety of ways depending on what I need.

-W.

Last edited:

ladyofdragons

First Post
I use my own sheet, but that's because I use comeliness & perception stats, and like my own layout.

I love looking at other people's sheets for new ideas on my own sheets. I've got about 30 3E sheets on my site: DnDResources.com. Thanks for the new link to mad irishman, I'd lost track of where his site was, and I like his sheets :)

Remove ads