• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

which of the classic adventuers are the best?

geezerjoe

First Post
HellHound said:
... X1 and B2 are always going to be two of my faves. B2 Because I ran it well over a dozen times, X1 because it maintains its feel of strangeness to this day ...
Exactly how I feel about these classics!

I do love the Against the Giants series ... wasn't very fond of the Descent series, and loved the Queen of the Demonweb Pits (mostly due to the giant mechanical spider lair)

I also loved the Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth too.

Joe2Old

Ed Cha

Community Supporter
HellHound said:
White Plume Mountain is nice because it is puzzle-based.

HOWEVER, the puzzles are pretty damn easy... we've been cakewalking the puzzles but the fights have been pretty intense.

Can you believe that White Plume Mountain was only 16 pages long? And yet, it's one of the best modules ever published. I think part of it has to do with all of the wonderful art in there. It really showcased Jeff Dee's talent! I love the cover image. Also, the vampire pic and the ogre mage pic are awesome. :) The story is great, too.

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
oh yeah, I believe it, Ed.

I did the 3.5 conversion for my daughter who is running us through it (I purposefully am NOT answering any of the riddles, mind you, but that leaves Denise and our room-mate and between them the puzzles have been a joke at best) - and was glad to only have 16 pages of material to work through for the conversion.

Had a LOT of fun writing up the rules for the chained-disks over the mud-pit room, since there were basically NO rules for them in the 1e module and since all the stuff you do on them is easily covered by the rules in 3e.

Ed Cha

Community Supporter
HellHound said:
oh yeah, I believe it, Ed.

I did the 3.5 conversion for my daughter who is running us through it (I purposefully am NOT answering any of the riddles, mind you, but that leaves Denise and our room-mate and between them the puzzles have been a joke at best) - and was glad to only have 16 pages of material to work through for the conversion.

Had a LOT of fun writing up the rules for the chained-disks over the mud-pit room, since there were basically NO rules for them in the 1e module and since all the stuff you do on them is easily covered by the rules in 3e.

Don't tell me this is one of your adorable little daughters that was at Gen Con! If so, I didn't know you could solve these mysteries, let alone play D&D at that age. How old are they? They were so cute in their little costumes.

Re-writing rules to 3.5 should be a lot of fun. You know, there weren't a lot of rules back then, but it was just as fun. It was certainly easier for the writer.

Remove ads