Which official 5E adventures have you played through?

I have completed Lost Mines of Phandelvar and Hoard of the Dragon Queen, but neither are options in the poll. Currently playing through Out of the Abyss so I can't really say I've played through it yet.

I have completed Lost Mines of Phandelvar and Hoard of the Dragon Queen, but neither are options in the poll. Currently playing through Out of the Abyss so I can't really say I've played through it yet.

akr71

Hero
I've played through Lost Mines and we are half way through HotDQ. I own RoT which we'll play next and Out of the Abyss which my wife plans to try her hand at DMing

Have played/am playing all except PotA. No real reason for skipping this. I guess it just took us longer to finish ToD, and OotA was already out. So we went for that. But we played a lot the boardgame Temple of Elemental Evil, so I guess it counts for something.

AaronOfBarbaria

Adventurer
1) The APs are actually coming out 'too fast' - people were just wrapping ToD when CoS came out, so they skipped the two between.
That's close to why my group has only actually played through Lost Mines of Phandelver so far.

We picked up the Starter Set on the day it came to our FLGS, and dove into playing it to see if the finished version of 5th edition was something we wanted in regular use at our table. When that proved to be the case, we launched into a home-brew campaign... that we are still working on finishing up because we alternate between sessions of D&D and an other game we like to play (currently Shadowrun, soon to be Exalted) so we play D&D every other week at best.

So while we have been interested in the other adventures published, and they are definitely coming out at a fine pace to fit them into our gaming budget, they are coming out far faster than we can comfortably play them.

darjr

I crit!
Also Strahd was very cool. I know whole groups that got hooked by the intro mod in our local stores. That was an amazing thing to watch. Death House doesn't get enough credit.

ammulder

Explorer
I'm running my kids through Out of the Abyss. I picked that one at least in part because it would give them sidekicks, and they need some experience with social bits. (I'm afraid their early experience with friends was that D&D is where you kill stuff dead. Which is OK as far as it goes, but there's so much more....)

I don't especially anticipate playing it through to the end. There's just so much more to the world than the underdark... But we'll see, maybe the different locations there will keep them entertained.

Arilyn

Hero
I ran Phandelver, but we didn't really like it. We really enjoyed the first two that were brought out for the playtest, and could be run for 4th or 3.5. Can't remember their names off hand, but one took place in Baldur's Gate, and the other one was The Crystal Shard, I think. Ran them for 13th Age, though! I have been converting PF modules. I like the idea of shorter adventures, but unfortunately Yawning Portal does not interest me. Not a fan of dungeons, especially ones which are conversions of old tournament modules.

Louis Brenton

Explorer
Started Lost Mine back in September of 2014. Finished it & moved the group from there to Tyranny. I shortened up Tyranny a bit because I wanted the same group of PCs to do Princes, which we're in now. We're about 80% done with Princes, & that group plans on starting Curse of Strahd with new characters after that.

I have another group that I'm running through old converted 4e Nentir Vale stuff.

Ezequielramone

Explorer
I voted all.
With my first group I ran LMoP, ToD (including Frozen Castle) and we are now I'm running OotA
With my online group I ran PotA.
With a mixed group I'm playing CoS.
With the second group I ran HotDQ, now we are with SKT before we come back to RoT.

Remove ads

Remove ads